Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

New walli dimmer "VOLTAGE DROP ERROR"

lasmartuser

Question

Hi... I tried to add the new walli dimmer in dimmable lamps led 6W x3 without neutral cable ( old dimmer2 module is working good in same lamps ) , but i receive always error :  VOLTAGE DROP ERROR and it is working only if manual switch brightness under 50%, that is not what i want of cource. I tried even to keep only one led from 3 , but same output. Tried it with other led lamps , and had same ouput. What happens? Anyone that managed to make them working without neutral cable configuration? 

I tried all suggestion in manual of walli but didn't work... 

"Appearing of an error in a 2-wire connection may be the result of mains voltage drop or a too high brightness level of the light source.
If parameter 37 is set to 1, the device will automatically try to turn on again.
Voltage drop error suggests that parameter 2 value should be reduced until disappearing of the failure. You can also recalibrate the load using parameter 13.
After three unsuccessful automatic tries of turning on the load, Dimmer 2 will stay in VOLTAGE DROP error mode (module turned off)."

Any suggestions please?

7 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • 8 hours ago, akatar said:

@lasmartuser try to connect a blue wire, just to be sure of this helps solving the problem

Not possible to have N wire in this set up.  This is why i have choosen walli dimmer that supposed to work in no neutral wire set up!

Hi, I have the same error with my walli dimmer. I have installed both wires - L, N.

I am using led lamps and don't have bypass installed...

It use to work fine until it started to give the error "Voltage Drop/Drift.  It also don't work fine anymore - when i push the button then at first it switches on/off and after a second on again. 

Edited by kristjan

@Netlives

Is the N wire connected? (i had this problem because i didn't had the n wire connected)

if so, try a bypass

Both the walli dimmer and fibaro dimmer 2 manuals say the same thing on load size: for loads between 5 and 50 watts you need to also install a fibaro bypass. I think this extra important when you don't have a neutral.

@lasmartuser and @kristjan, did a bypass solve your issues?