Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Electrical wiring of Roller shutter 3

ivansimcic

Question

Hi, 

just to check something. Since I dont have Neutral wire in my socket, can I use any neutral wire that is close or does it have to be the same neutral wire that is used for the motor? So the question really is - F and N for the Fibaro products - is this independant and just for powering the module itself? Or needs to be somehow connected to the electrical circle of the appliance that is to be regulated with the module?

Thank you in advance!

Ivan

7 answers to this question

Hi @ivansimcic, I also don’t have an N. 

So if you have L1 and L2, use L1 as N and L2 as L in your installation. 
I also don’t have an N ...

• Inquirer
  • Hi @Sjekke,

actually I have just 1 L and it goes to the switch and two L come out - i suppose one is powering for UP and the other is powering for DOWN. Neutral is connected somewhere in the wall above the motor and they didn't pull it down to the switch... :/ But I have an electricity socet near by and I just thought to pull the neutral from there??

I don’t think it’s a good idea to use a N from your socket because it can be connected in another circuit. Do you have the ability to add an extra cable between your motor and your Switch?

• Inquirer
  • Maybe I could. But this is more of a general question for the Fibaro switches/controllers - would it be possible to power them (L+N inputs) from a nearby electrical socket? That way you know that it's not a part of some circle and you are able to power it easily because sockets are everywhere in the house and it's easy to pull 2 wires from them up to the controller. 

If you're L and or N  is on the same fuse, as you're L and N in the roller shutter socket, it should be no problem.

If they not switched of by the same fuse you should avoiding to mix the L lines.

You could power both the Roller shutter and the roller shutter module from the nearby socket, and insolate the not used L and N on a propper way.

Edited by Flash

Correct ... but certainly not only using the N from the socket ... as @Flash stated ... or N &L from the socket or nothing.