Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Security alert Fibaro System Suspicious Login Attempts

severin

Hey.
After a total crash of my system and a subsequent reinstallation that got my system up and running again, I receive this error message every 30 minutes 24 hours: Security alert Fibaro System Suspicious Login Attempts Prevented   We noticed 5 failed login attempts to your HC2 ... .
Since the message refers to my own ip address, no one from outside is trying to log in.
Does anyone know how to stop this error message.

Since it is from your local network IP, try to quit app or browser and restart them with new connection (session) to HC2.

26 minutes ago, severin said:

Hey.
After a total crash of my system and a subsequent reinstallation that got my system up and running again, I receive this error message every 30 minutes 24 hours: Security alert Fibaro System Suspicious Login Attempts Prevented   We noticed 5 failed login attempts to your HC2 ... .
Since the message refers to my own ip address, no one from outside is trying to log in.
Does anyone know how to stop this error message.

I have same issue, and i notice after remove HomeCenter app from my phone and use old app, the system not send fake login messages.

• Topic Author
  • I am not logged out of the system and can log in as I wish, but I receive the error message every 30 minutes from Fibaro.

As an experiment, I have turned off all my devices. I have then restarted HC2. Although all my devices, except the HC2, have now been off for an hour, the Fibaro system still generates errors. The error is now emitted with interval from exact the time I restarted HC2.

1 error message every 30 minutes = 48 unwanted error messages from Fibaro emails every day.
    Fibaro administrator help is requested.

3 hours ago, severin said:

I am not logged out of the system and can log in as I wish, but I receive the error message every 30 minutes from Fibaro.

As an experiment, I have turned off all my devices. I have then restarted HC2. Although all my devices, except the HC2, have now been off for an hour, the Fibaro system still generates errors. The error is now emitted with interval from exact the time I restarted HC2.

1 error message every 30 minutes = 48 unwanted error messages from Fibaro emails every day.
    Fibaro administrator help is requested.

Hmm...first please remove HomeCenter app....if that not helps, try to remember what device or app use your fibaro data: 

- Homebridge

- ImperiHome

- Homeremote

- etc

Also clear cache to all you browser and log off.

In the past i forgot that my homebridge user named "homebridge" was renamed to "siri" and that cause for me suspicious login.

• Topic Author
  • Thank you for your help. I have stopped error messages like this.
    I turned off our cell phones, tablet, wifi routers and unplugged the internet for an hour. I then switched off HC2 for 10 minutes and restarted HC2. I then connected to the internet.
    When no more error messages came, I first turned on my 3 wifi routers. When there were still no error messages, I turned on the cell phones. This morning everything works again.

@severin, it's great to hear that you do not receive any more error notifications. However, I would still like to ask follow-up questions to avoid similar problems in the future:

- You removed FIBARO Home Center app and you didn't try to reinstall it. Is that correct?

- You used FIBARO Home Center app version 1.4.0 for iPhone?

- Your HC2 version is 5.550 or 5.551 BETA?

Regards

21 minutes ago, K.Drozynski said:

You removed FIBARO Home Center app

Home Center app cause a lot of troubles...and lag

• Topic Author
    •  
    • Please login or register to see this image.

/uploads/monthly_2018_01/[email protected]" />
    • Please login or register to see this link.

• group_admin@2x.png.5a1418f8d6e81adca2ad0
    • Please login or register to see this link.

• 84 posts

Hi

1. No I did not remove the Fibaro Home Center App.

2 No Android Samsung s9+ and Samsung S10+

3 Version 5.550

Regards Severin

Please login or register to see this link.

•  

Please login or register to see this link.

@severin, it's great to hear that you do not receive any more error notifications. However, I would still like to ask follow-up questions to avoid similar problems in the future:

-You removed FIBARO Home Center app and you didn't try to reinstall it. Is that correct?

2.- You used FIBARO Home Center app version 1.4.0 for iPhone?

3. - Your HC2 version is 5.550 or 5.551 BETA?