Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Combi boiler relay wiring

marcwaddingham

Hi

Apologies if this is in the wrong topic. I am hoping that someone may be able to point me in the right direction. Whst I'm not a novice, I'm certainly no expert with Fibaro having set my last house up. However in my new house I'm going to give the Heat Controller a try and I've failed at the first hurdle.

Initially I have a heat controller to replace my TRV on the radiators and I want to use my old spare FGS 211 relay at the boiler. 

Can anyone help me with the wiring into the relay please. I'm going to be disconnecting my wireless receiver and replacing it with the relay. I'm unsure where  the 2 cables that call for heat connect to on the relay.

Thanks in advance.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • Thanks for your reply. Apologies, I thought I had posted the pic with the diagram.

Can you offer any advice on the wiring based on this picture?

Thanks

1 = Live.

2 = Neutral

This is the mains supply (240v)  into the RF transmitter for your thermostat.

3 & 4 when switched (closed together)  tells the boiler to "give heat".

When playing with your boiler remember to turn the electricity off, before doing any kind of wiring!

ha ha, yes I know farts quite well.

I was thinking of trying the heat controllers but I don't have enough faith in fibaro considering they are super expsensive as well.

Changed my thermostat last week to the Drayton Wiser system.

• Topic Author
  • I agree. I don't have much faith in them but whilst doing this renovation and I have a spare relay, I thought I would give it a try.

I am familiar with setting this up in a light switch but the boiler has thrown me off track. 

Would I be connecting the 3&4 to the O and S1 whilst connecting the L to the IN?

I would:

Brown wire (live) to L (module).

Blue wire (neutral) to N (module).

Black wire 1 to I (module).

Black wire 0 to 2 (module).

See when you switch the relay on, that gives heat.

If it does not then add a link wire to Live and I But I don't now your boiler and if did would work or damage it!

I would use a S1 + L if you wanted to override your heating schedule i.e. manually turn on/off heat.

• Topic Author
  • You clearly know what you're talking about. ?? 

Would you mind clarifying this wiring ease

I would use a S1 + L if you wanted to override your heating schedule i.e. manually turn on/off heat.

So, wired any other way than this would mean that it will only work on the schedule then?

Schedule yes and also turning the relay on and off via a app or the controller (software).

A physical switch (S1 + L)  is strictly an option but it would involve more programming in your automation.

How much power has boiler heater (W) ? 2000W, then you can directly connect wires to boiler, if your boiler heater has more power you need some standard relay between boiler and fibaro relay (fibaro relay turn on standard relay, and reley switch boiler heater on)...

Edited by ggrizliv

• Topic Author
  • Ignore the wiring colours. They will be changed but still nothing.

My heat controller is not registering a temp. Either. In typical Fibaro style, I'm pretty disappointed so far.