Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Roller Shutter 3 calibration doesn't work, only moves 1 sec

Yoshiii

Question

Hi,

I have three Fibaro Roller Shutter 3's that I use with domoticz and a USB zwave stick. It works with 2 shutters but the last one is giving me problems and I don't know why. I've installed all wires correctly (the same as the others). I also use a remote switch on S1 and S2.

1. When I force calibration it moves down and back up and then is stuck when completely open. I can hear the motor of the shutter but it doesn't move anymore. I have to remove the power. Calibration never finished.
2. When I use the remote it only moves one inch and then stops. I can hear the click on the Fibaro.

Also (but I'm not sure) it looks like it moves slower then previously when I had no Fibaro but only a switch.

Anybody have an idea what the problem is?

18 answers to this question

17 hours ago, Yoshiii said:

Sorry, but I don't know English...

Hi, I also had a problem with blind calibration.  it helped when the electronic endpoints were set on the engine.  if the mechanical endpoints were set (the engine shuts down when the surge / amps increase), the calibration set the times to 0.02 seconds and therefore the shutter did not work in general.  When the technician came and set the electronic end positions on the engine, the calibration started to behave correctly.

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, kunapes said:

Hi, what do you mean with electronic endpoints and mechanical endpoints?

Try playing with parameters 17 and 18. These control reaction to limit switches. This have helped me in similar situation with my RS2. RS 3 parameter numbers can be a little different I suppose. 

Same problem with My system, I have HC2  (4.530), and 4x Roller Shutter 3.

The problem is calibration, so it will perform full up or down but not the 70% 50% and 30%, is there any solution to this problem?

Hello, same problem here, open and close, but no 30%, 50%, 70%, etc.

Did you find a solution since then ?

O.

I had similar issues this week trying to use the Roller Shutter 3 with a Dooya 82TV curtain motor.

In the end I adjusted parameter 154 to 10, parameter 155 to 2, and parameters 156 and 157 both to 1200. Parameter 151 is set to Roller Blind with built in driver (not quite sure what this means).

I tried various times to calibrate it, and I'm not sure that it ever worked, but at this point I have the device mostly working properly. Setting Parameter 155 is what turns down the sensitivity, because I think the fibaro is thinking it has hit an end stop when it hasnt.

I have the fibaro working through Home Assistant and I am able to choose percentage position in there which seems to work ok.

Not the perfect solution but better than nothing.

P

I had the same problem and it was possible to get an solution by changing parameter 155 (Motor operation detection). By default it is set to 10 (=10Watt). My motor takes much more power than this setting, so the controller was thinking an end point is reached imideality. With 80W set for this parameter it is working fine for my motor. But be carefull to set an to big value for. If it is to big, there are no endpoints detected and it was also not working...

I have 2 roller shutters with this problem.

one is with an 12V or 24V adapter, the other is with 5 wires instead of 4.

With both I adjusted the parameters :

151 to 5

155 to 5 W

156 to needed time 

157 to needed time

This works for 95%, it is not the best calibration ever, but usable. Good luck trying!

These fr....king Roller Shutter 3's drive me totally nuts.

I have two curtains, each operated by a RS3. They work for some time and one of them stops working out of the blue. It may be the left curtain, or the right curtain. Completely random it seems.

I still hear the clicking of the RS3 when the pulse is sent to close the curtain. Comms from the controller still is ok but the motors no longer start. I can still pull the curtain a bit with my hand, which then starts the motor and closes the curtain (but that obviously is NOT what I want to do every day)/

If I do a factory reset and calibrate, they work again for a short time. Sometimes 2 cycles, sometimes 2 days, sometimes 2 weeks. And then suddenly one of the two curtains stop working.

What the heck is causing this? Anyone?

I'm on firmware 5.1

Edited by rvorsten

Same issue here, Walli RS on firmware 5.1. Works coupe of times and then it stops. Waiting a bit (half an hour) or swapping parameter 151 between 1 and 5 may restore the operation but it all seems to be quite random and unpredictable.

Any ideas?

Edited by Plamen

Well i can say that roller shutters 3 works very good. I have 28..., and previously had rolller shutters 2 and they also worked very wel.

And i had all the problems you describe. But none of the problems had anything to do with the roller shutters.

Mainly there are 2 kind of issues:

1. Motor end stops need to be set before calibrating the RS3.  Many motors have mechanical adjustments for end points in the form of some holes (blue/red) where you use a key and turn them clockwise/counterclockwise.   Those that do not have mechanical end points have electronic endpoints, but all do have some endpoints that NEED to be adjusted before calibration.

2. Working a few times and then nothing, then you wait and they work again for a few tries.....  usually those are common issues for those of us who have old motors... and that is usually a sign that the capacitor of the motor is giving up.  (took me many many days and a lot of frustration until i figured this one out). The capacitor is quite easy to change and costs pennies.

Good luck :) 

Edited by Momos

@Momos, mine is actually model 

Please login or register to see this link.

(Walli Roller Shutter), does that mean I have RS 1?

It means you have Walli Roller Shutter. A different product line , newer then roller shutter 3. And i know those work very well also. 

Have you tried connecting a regular switch? and open/close a few times to see if it still works after ? 

On my list for next week. Actually the motor and the sun blinds are brand new. I was so optimistic about Fibaro RS that I didn't bother asking the installation company to plug first the standard switch they use. Of course these guys didn't know anything about Fibaro, so they tried it a few times, it worked, and that was the end of the story. Now I need to go back to them to get what they normally use with this motor to see where the issue (I doubt it's the motor, btw).

A lot of frustration, as you've said above...

Just short the up/down wires with Live and motor will get going . And make sure the limit stops are set up properly. Did you see those guys doing some sort of calibration of the sun blind before installing Walli ?

Edited by Momos

Evening all,

I found this thread and think I'm running into something similar and it's driving me nuts (as the rest of you too). I've just purchased 4 roller blinds with somfy motors which have been preset in the factory and I have 4 RS3's added to my HC2. 3/4 calibrated and work fine, however the 4th one just won't calibrate at all, the blind may go all the way up and only 30% down and stop, or all the way down and 70% up, all sorts of variations, it changes all the time ? #losingthewilltolive!

Any ideas? With all the problems people are having listed in this thread, surely the modules themselves are faulty, that's all that is left, no?

I'm going to try and pop a working module onto the blind having issues to see if it helps and will report back as to whether the problem follows the module or the blind.

Nice evening all,

John

22 hours ago, iceagescrat said:

Evening all,

I found this thread and think I'm running into something similar and it's driving me nuts (as the rest of you too). I've just purchased 4 roller blinds with somfy motors which have been preset in the factory and I have 4 RS3's added to my HC2. 3/4 calibrated and work fine, however the 4th one just won't calibrate at all, the blind may go all the way up and only 30% down and stop, or all the way down and 70% up, all sorts of variations, it changes all the time ? #losingthewilltolive!

Any ideas? With all the problems people are having listed in this thread, surely the modules themselves are faulty, that's all that is left, no?

I'm going to try and pop a working module onto the blind having issues to see if it helps and will report back as to whether the problem follows the module or the blind.

Nice evening all,

John

So my solution (and seems to work fingers crossed), the 4 blinds are identical, so I moved a working module to the blind being awkward and moved the awkward module to a working blind, calibrated it and viola, very very strange!