Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Server 503 unavailable

Jeroenimo

Question

Hi, since a couple of months my Fibaro HC2 is acting weird. I need to reboot the device in order to work again (the Iphone APP and scenes are not working anymore).  When going the GUI I get the 503 server unavailable issue and I can only restart the services to resolve the (temporary) solution. Or just remove the box from power and connect it again. I was first blaming my ISP, but I switched providers and modems I am still having the same issue.  The device also gets pretty hot. I upgraded to multiple versions in past months and tried several configuration changes, but none helped. I also set the IP address to fixed, but that also didn't help.

Before returning the device under warranty I would like to check if anyone is having any suggestions. 

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

No Support from me to you, but Thank you for the hint, I unpowered my HC2 for a short time and started it up again , resulting at being able to dimm the lights in the kitchen and living room and close down the heating. Quite convenient at 11:35 at night, as you want to go to bed. This is the second time within a week the HC2 lets me down, as it did several times before. I'm sorry it HAS to go, it WILL go, I cannot bother my wife and kids with an uncontrolable home system. Any hints for a propper replacement or solution?

HC2 running on firmware 4.550 - installed 2017

Edited by Kasper
added firmware version

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem, i am on version 4.560, is will run fine for 5-6 days and the crash and nothing in the house is working :( 

Only a reboot, (power off and on) will fix the problem but only for a shurt time.......

to be honest I was quite angry with Fibaro when the issue happened for the second time, and ofcorse at a very inconvenient moment. But I think I found an answer, it still holds for about a week now, and clearly it showed in a much faster response after initiating a somewhat more complex routine (like a scene shutting down all lights in a room).

Have a look in the download section for "clear Debug & Catching Errors 1.2". put this scene in your HC2 and see if it helps.

@Kasper

Do you have a direct link to the clear Debug & Catching Errors 1.2 scene because I can't find it.

Thank you in advance.

• Inquirer
  • Hi, my issue is finally resolved. Fibaro support performed maintenance actions and cleaned up the database. So I recommend to contact support if you have similar issues.

My home Centre 2 has just began to show the 503 error.. have tried everything .. Different browser, clear cache, power on/off etc.

Still having issues.. What have people figured out that works best? fibaro technical service???

Thanks.

In some cases it's caused by a DoS...I had a door/window sensor that went mad and caused hundreds of notifications (seemed like a endless loop) right before my HC2 (4.600) was frozen with the 503