Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Home Center 3 is comming ?

fingusio

Question

Hello

I heard some news that new Home Center 3 comming in first quarter 2020.

Any other info someone have ?

Edited by fingusio
  • Like 1

We have been waiting for a HC3 for the last 5 years plus after the long list of issues majority of us have had with the software. The actual hardware is totally fine and it is upgradable, all they need to do is totally revamp and build the OS / controller software from ground up. The HC3 or HC2 v2 needs ZwavePlus addon support and it is highly unlikely people would drop the HC2 for a HC3 due to costs

If Fibaro would officially announce that the will present a HC3 or a HC2 version 2 in the near future, or on CES 2020.

They will left behind with a unsellable stock of HC2.

So look for shops where the HC2 is "out of stock"

If there getting more shops with out of stock message,  then they are maybe reducing the production of the HC2.

Edited by Flash

From a brochure page 23 and further

A Fibaro Home center 3

FIBARO offers two Home Center units for houses and flats: Home Center 3 - the new gateway which distinguishes itself by the newest technology components and minimised Home Center Lite

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Flash
  • Like 2

Guest Liam17

Looks like a sneaky peak at a new web interface in the pictures also? 

On 10/7/2019 at 4:51 PM, akatar said:

fibaro sirene was also comming last year

The Siren is nowere to be found, in this brochure.

At least I cann't. ?

6 minutes ago, Flash said:

The Siren is nowere to be found, in this brochure.

At least I cann't. ?

I also asked for the siren, but they don't have an ETA yet

On 12/20/2019 at 12:07 AM, Flash said:

From a brochure page 23 and further

A Fibaro Home center 3

FIBARO offers two Home Center units for houses and flats: Home Center 3 - the new gateway which distinguishes itself by the newest technology components and minimised Home Center Lite

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Nice - even though it doesn't reveal any new features.
Rumors said they might implement zigbee and other standards like some of the competition, but it doesn't seem to be mentioned (z-wave is mentioned)

They can announce everything they want at CES 2020 but they need to provide a ETA. We all want to know when we can buy these new products?

For example, the already mentioned, Fibaro Siren. Still not available,  and if you ask for it they still can’t provide an ETA after months?

So they can announce everything and then take years before it’s ready for sale.

But I’m very curious what the new features and improvements are compared to the HC2. Native Homekit and Zigbee support would be nice.

Edited by kevin

they can make a homecenter lite with only zigbee, so you can add that as a slave gateway.

Looks and sounds nice the homecenter 3 but rather concentrate on the software stability

I see the new app software in the picture but the new android phoe app homecenter is far far from good. even after one year!

If the software is also bad on the homcenter 3 or take that long for stability I don't know... 

2 hours ago, D-Vine said:

Looks and sounds nice the homecenter 3 but rather concentrate on the software stability

I see the new app software in the picture but the new android phoe app homecenter is far far from good. even after one year!

If the software is also bad on the homcenter 3 or take that long for stability I don't know... 

I think (guess) that hc3 is running the same software as hc2. Both will run on Linux.

And i don't think there will be a zigbee controller in the hc3, fibaro has no zigbee devices and therefore no money to be made.

33 minutes ago, akatar said:

I think (guess) that hc3 is running the same software as hc2. Both will run on Linux.

And i don't think there will be a zigbee controller in the hc3, fibaro has no zigbee devices and therefore no money to be made.

Athom Homey has no Zigbee or Z-wave devices, but they still provide connection for both.
My primary reason for selecting Fibaro Home Center 2 over Homey was the lack of ethernet connection in Homey.

24 minutes ago, BrianDS said:

Athom Homey has no Zigbee or Z-wave devices, but they still provide connection for both.
My primary reason for selecting Fibaro Home Center 2 over Homey was the lack of ethernet connection in Homey.

That is something else,

zipato started with controllers and started later selling devices, homey made a controller (Kickstarter) but there are only so many controllers to be sold. So the made a pro version.

people with a homey would buy a pro version. but after that, what then?

i think if fibaro didn't had there devices they would already be out of buissines.

(there are just that many people who would buy a controller)

let me guess: specs are nice, interface is nice, hc3 is nice, Fibaro is NICE.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1