Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Home Center 3 is comming ?

fingusio

Question

Hello

I heard some news that new Home Center 3 comming in first quarter 2020.

Any other info someone have ?

Edited by fingusio
  • Like 1

?

Thanks to these new added protocols I hope for better support for Hue and Ikea products.

And now you can choose between way more product because of Zigbee support.

Better software, UI and future proof?

I’m curious about the ETA.

Hopefully the migration would be easy, don’t want to add all modules and scenes again. 

31 minutes ago, AvdL said:

Robbshop, a Dutch official fibaro supplier has a home center 3 in their webshop

With incorrect HW specs.

7 minutes ago, kevin said:

Thanks to these new added protocols I hope for better support for Hue and Ikea products.

I hope for direct ZigBee lighting support. That includes HUE and IKEA lights among others.

@kevin Better software, UI and future proof?

we are still talking about Fibaro here ?

I would also be happy about a HomeCenter 3 which would be future-proof - HomeKit would be fine, Bluetooth support and support from ZigBee - Philips Hue, Ikea and others

What we're going to get, say software 5.0 in a plastic box for the same price as our HC2

I am enthusiastic about more, for much more I am prepared to put money into the product ?

Edited by Macschimmi

11 minutes ago, Macschimmi said:

@kevin Better software, UI and future proof?

we are still talking about Fibaro here ?

I know, that’s why I used the fingers crossed emoji?

But I think the current iPad app isn’t supported with this new HC3 with the new OS. Maybe is the web UI great to use on an iPad.

Let’s wait what information Fibaro will provide about this new product. Also curious if the Siren will be available soon. 

Edited by kevin

Yes, unfortunately we have to take a lot at Fibaro with homur and simply accept some.

Unfortunately there is too much money in my smart home to change the system.?

Although others only boil with water ?

On the website off Fibaro still the HC2 and HCL.

So,

No official specs no official press release.

So just have to wait.

Edited by Flash

I'm wondering if we can expect new software.

The HC2 software is nice if you use mostly fibaro hardware, but i have lots of hue lighting in my house, and even with the great amount of work (non-fibaro) people have put into it, it doesn't work as easy as it should.

Would be great if we get better integration with other systems, i think that would be big game changer!

Please login or register to see this link.

See the specs - no zigbee mentioned nor 433mhz

Edited by Piotr Bojko

FIBARO premieres at CES 2020: Home Center 3

The most advanced smart home gateway on the market

Please login or register to see this image.

The gateway is a key element of the smart home system. This is the core of the automation system, which ensures that all devices work as we need them. The new FIBARO gateway is the most powerful device on the market. It got really fast, much safer and comprehensive than the previous version. From now on it supports not only the Z-Wave protocol but also the most popular including Nice, ZigBee and Wi-Fi protocols. The all-inclusive Home Center 3 power comes from efficient and high quality components that will make it perform at its tops for years. Approach of this kind makes the FIBARO production plant work and develop hardware in accordance to minimizing the carbon footprint philosophy.

One piece to do it all
Home Center 3 smart home gateway contains management center running FIBARO devices in combination with hardware based on Z-Wave protocol or even a 100 of Nice devices. If this is not enough, it is ZigBee-ready as well, so users can integrate with hardware using this protocol as a standard. Powerful components and chips are designed to introduce software updates enabling new features. Ethernet port and Wi-Fi gave the Gateway a network connection diversity and a broader range than ever before so it can be placed anywhere around the house. From now on, we are talking about the most advanced smart home gateway on the market, which is ready for further features development. Home Center 3 is a turning point for the entire smart home environment.

Rich interior is not enough
Having a complete market awareness, transformed the Home Center 3 gateway into an absolutely best aesthetic experience. Once again, it's not just about appearance, but also about the feel. Elegant shape of the Home Center 3 is a result of a selection of colors, a harmonious play of black and copper. The casing is covered with a soft touch technology that does not leave fingerprints on the surface. Subtle design lets the device stand literally anywhere because it won't interfere with the surroundings. It means that the gateway can stand next to other equipment and fit the current interior design.

Enjoy the a look of Home Center 3:

51e8ddd3-965d-40cf-a8d6-b5a224f9f2a1.jpg

10 years of smart home automation experience 
Developing new devices means a lot to FIBARO - user experience lets us deliver features that are really desired by the customers nowadays. Recently, the gateway has been developed in accordance with the 10 years market experience including suggestions of the power users, smart home installers and a business developers from around the world.  The results are clear, the device has now a built-in antennas optimally configured to extend the range, it does not require a wired connection to the router - Wi-Fi makes it much easier, intuitive system setup wizard facilitates the smart home beginnings for users, the development process for installers and is set to enable more of the extremely useful features.

Just as every single FIBARO device, the brand new Home Center 3 has to handle intensive development, continuous progress and growing demands of electronics and users. It makes it a long-lasting gateway that will tackle vast majority of the industry changes. Idea of this kind is to lower customers issues and reduces the carbon footprint to a minimum. Like many smart devices introduced to the market by renowned manufacturers, FIBARO will support users of Home Center 3 with standardized updates that will bring relevance and compatibility to new integrations introduced to the system and will eliminate crashing occuring in low-quality devices, as well as hardware aging finally followed by a device replacement.

Security and stability 
Smart home security and stability was always a top concern to FIBARO. Therefore, the company started cooperation with world security leaders such as Kaspersky to provide first-class protection against growing hacking activities targeted at smart homes. Encrypted data transfer is a first mean of protection to both local and external connections. By using reasonable, high-quality components the device can operate locally without Internet and cloud access and provide key functionality at home . Therefore, there is no risk of having the alarm system deactivated in case of no Internet connection just beacuse the provider runs some maintanance works.

Security comes from a dual system backup in the device and the cloud, a daemon that monitors the health of the system and a 4-core processor or 2 GB of memory. This smart home gateway is significantly faster and performs multiple tasks in no time when comparing it with other devices on the market. During entire development process, the perfect hardware & software synergy was the main target. Extensive tests of components and high-performance software let us to reach unprecedented speed results while maintaining the stability and predictability of the system. Home Center 3 received the certificate of VDE, an independent research unit, guaranteeing electrical safety: CB and EU-Type Examination Certificate. 

Approved for beginners and experts
Gateway provides an intuitive set up process that guides the user through a step by step system installation. Installation wizard includes core automation parameters and a set of resourceful features solving the most exalted needs of users (automation scenarios). This is the easiest way to create a FIBARO smart home automation. More experienced users and experts will appreciate the hundreds of key features they have helped to create by sharing their own experience with FIBARO experts, including the ability to customize automations with tools such as block scenes, LUA events, or Quick Apps. Only sky is the limit when having such wide possibilities within one complete smart home system

Release date of the FIBARO Home Center 3
The expected availability of the Home Center 3 is March 2020. 

Technical specifications of the FIBARO home Center 3 
For more technical details please view the article: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MarcoTorino71 said:

Great. But if he had also had HomeKit it would have been perfect!

HomeKit is easely done with HomeBridge. In my HC2 I have only automatic scenes. Manual scenes I created in HomeKit and works superb.
I still hope they give the HC2 also the new interface and features (that the hardware support) and do not make it legacy.
For now the HC3 only looks as an hardware upgrade. But I hope I'm wrong.

8 minutes ago, MarcoTorino71 said:

Great. But if he had also had HomeKit it would have been perfect!

It says it works with Siri Shortcuts, isn't that good enough?

Anyway - I do not use HomeKit as I like Google Assistant more (even though I have iPhone and Apple TV)

will this new homecenter also solve the problems with new camera integration ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Joep said:

HomeKit is easely done with HomeBridge. In my HC2 I have only automatic scenes. Manual scenes I created in HomeKit and works superb.
I still hope they give the HC2 also the new interface and features (that the hardware support) and do not make it legacy.
For now the HC3 only looks as an hardware upgrade. But I hope I'm wrong.

I know HomeBrdige. I have many products that I use through HomeBridge.
However, the plugin is not perfect.

There is the problem of global variables that only the superuser can modify.

I found a workaround to be able to export only some VDs, but as it is developed the button connected to the VD does not maintain the state, so I never know if it is active or not.

The article above states it has Zigbee, z-wave, 433mhz and BLE, that is nice.

1 minute ago, Joep said:

The article above states it has Zigbee, z-wave, 433mhz and BLE, that is nice.

BLE....

So I thing it is possible to use Eve Product...

2 minutes ago, MarcoTorino71 said:

BLE....

So I thing it is possible to use Eve Product...

BLE = Bluetooth Low Energy

I read that the Home Center 3 will become available around March 2020!? Does anyone has an idea about pricing?