Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Home Center 3 is comming ?

fingusio

Question

Hello

I heard some news that new Home Center 3 comming in first quarter 2020.

Any other info someone have ?

Edited by fingusio
  • Like 1

@Soft, before official post from FIBARO, here is leak from catalogue.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

After all these years of battling the HC2 software they finally come out with an improved (TBC) version! You just need to pay $499 for it...

I tweeted with Fibaro if they update the GUI of the HC2. I got reaction, they do not, but you can make a master/slave with a HC3 (why should I want that in a single home).

• Like 1

Just ordered(backorder) the HC3 at Robbshop. Normal price €599 if you log in with your account the price is changed €499 ?

Now my patience is being tested?

I just gave a try, unfortunatly the price returned for me was 599€, maybe 499€ is only  proposed to NL residents or not applicable anymore  :(

2 hours ago, djashjones said:

Why did they not use the series 700 chipset?

And Wi-Fi 6 ...

2 hours ago, Sjekke said:

And Wi-Fi 6 ...

seriously? Wi-Fi 6 certification is available since few days, there are only few products certified

5 hours ago, djashjones said:

Why did they not use the series 700 chipset?

the real benefits of 700 chipset is low power consumption and ARM platform, which does not matter on z-wave Gateway.

the real disadvantage of 700 chip on Gateways is certification (or the "mandatory" part), just check how many Gateways/Controllers are using ZW700 (something like Zero available)

Serious development takes time, months of testing, and months for certification, so that's probably why Fibaro decided to stay with ZW500.

• Like 2

Yes looks like everyone is saying Q1 in Australia....

Please login or register to see this link.

5 hours ago, tinman said:

seriously? Wi-Fi 6 certification is available since few days, there are only few products certified

We have already installed WiFi6 Access Points (+200) in all our company's buildings to be future-proof. With the official certification it was just a matter of doing a firmware upgrade. So yes ... seriously.

We have already installed WiFi6 Access Points (+200) in all our company's buildings to be future-proof. With the official certification it was just a matter of doing a firmware upgrade. So yes ... seriously.

And everybody who uses the FIbaro System has Wifi6 Access Points in their newly build new homes...

Fibaro build a new controller after years of whining, and it's still not good... Love the Internet...

• Like 1

Hope that the normal users "DIY Smart Homer" will have full Access and full possibilities with the HC3 furtheron as with HC2.

If they restrict it and close it up for owner and you only have full access with an installer account (respective as certified installer) it will be a drama.
Needs to be open for all!

Let's see what Comes up.

17 minutes ago, Joep said:

Fibaro build a new controller after years of whining, and it's still not good... Love the Internet...

HC3 does not need 802.11ax standard. Why would it need it? I do not see any relevant USE-CASE behind it. HC3 has 10/100 Mbit as it does not need more.

We have already installed WiFi6 Access Points (+200) in all our company's buildings to be future-proof.

802.11ax has USE-CASE for Wi-Fi AP. What is USE-CASE for HC3 having 802.11ax with 100 Mbit network card?

Specs: 

Please login or register to see this link.

7 hours ago, tinman said:

the real benefits of 700 chipset is low power consumption and ARM platform, which does not matter on z-wave Gateway.

the real disadvantage of 700 chip on Gateways is certification (or the "mandatory" part), just check how many Gateways/Controllers are using ZW700 (something like Zero available)

I agree with it. Also a bit of OT. Doesn't gateway on ZW700 require to be compatible with HomeKit by standard? I think it was discussed on Z-Wave alliance meeting in 2018 with ZW700 using Z/IP and its another need to pass certification with Apple.

• Like 1

You can try to defend the choice to use a 500 series design over series 700 SoC, but it is still putting old hardware in a class leading new product. That's odd, isn't it? An old 8-bit chip with an old toolchain... versus a 32 bit arm core and new toolchain... Marketing is a wonderful thing, some aspects of a product (700) are "the next big thing" in one context and irrelevant in another... I doubt Fibaro is ever going to tell us the reason but if you like to speculate: I agree with "mandatory Z/IP (and certification)" being the cause of this... I bet only a few people on this forum understand what Z/IP is about and that kind of explains the issues with it, Z/IP never really caused excitement though I do think there were some good, relevant ideas...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

HC3 does not need 802.11ax standard. Why would it need it? I do not see any relevant USE-CASE behind it. HC3 has 10/100 Mbit as it does not need more.

Thats what I said the sarcastic way ??

I don't care about the hardware, I has to do, whats it's advertised to to. If I want cutting edge new technology and software than I have to go to another product. I know this and I chose Fibaro because of the whole package and know it's limitations with new protocols (speaking about the HC2).

Edited by Joep

1 minute ago, Joep said:

Thats what I said the sarcastic way ??

Ah, ok, i did not get it ?.

Unfortunately, an internal error has been made here regarding 499 euros. We only offer the HC3 for 499 euro when you exchange your HC2 if it has been purchased from us. Apologies for the confusion!

Regards,

ROBBshop

1 hour ago, petergebruers said:

You can try to defend the choice to use a 500 series design over series 700 SoC

Speculation.

Maybe there is an 700 chip aboard. Dissabled by firmware

You can only be sure if you dissect an HC3 to the bone.