Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Home Center 3 is comming ?

fingusio

Question

Hello

I heard some news that new Home Center 3 comming in first quarter 2020.

Any other info someone have ?

Edited by fingusio
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2020 at 9:39 AM, RH_Dreambox said:

1. Will HC3 be able to implement surveillance cameras with enhanced security "Digest authentication"?
    My camera Technaxx TX-67 lacks "Basic authentication" and therefore cannot be used in HCL/HC2.

2. And will cameras that only have RTSP work?

Maybe some beta tester can answer this.

The answer i got from fibaro there is a plan to make h 264 streams available to hc3. 

On a Danish website the estimated deliverydate is by the end of February - though it is not confirmed:

Please login or register to see this link.

Hi,

Does anybody know if Fibaro is actually going to utilize the zigbee, 433mHz and bluetooth radios, when HC3 is released, or is this just spec. on paper for sales?

There is a big difference between hosting the radios and actually implement drivers for different vendors/standars.

Can any of the beta testers confirm if the new HC3 is able to cope with power outages any better than HC2, please?

Thanks

Mal

1 hour ago, mal said:

Can any of the beta testers confirm if the new HC3 is able to cope with power outages any better than HC2, please?

Thanks

Mal

You need a USP if you have issues with power outages.

1 hour ago, mal said:

Thanks

Mal

Strange I have never had issues after a power outage. Indeed, you can install UPS.

58 minutes ago, mal said:

there is universal solution for power outage protection:

Apart from that HC3 does use some nice tricks to autorepair itself, of course as long the user data is still available somewhere (local system, local backup, cloud backup) 

1 hour ago, tinman said:

there is universal solution for power outage protection

This one saved my day a few times.

Have a few UPS in work. Television, audio, HCL etc. Not only for outages but also to filter power spikes

Edited by Flash

12 hours ago, mal said:

Thanks

Mal

If you have problems with power outage. Like a brick or need to do recovery?

Replace the inner motherboard battery.

It helped with mine HC2.

Fibaro don't tell anything about it but work great in my case

??

missed opportunity. Thank you Fibaro for thinking of existing users!! #NOT

Please login or register to see this attachment.

This is realy a bummer.

I got so maby scene's running developt by great peoples out here on forums. I now we here no possible to use them.

Why Fibaro?

Also the long-awaited UHAS made by @Sankotronic will probably not work with HC3?  All the time he has invested in this is lost, hopefully it is very easy to change the code for HC3??

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kevin said:

??

missed opportunity. Thank you Fibaro for thinking of existing users!! #NOT

Please login or register to see this attachment.

@kevin what exactly did you ask?! It will not be possible to migrate...?!? Modules?!?!?! I hope not!!! 

@dcspock

I have asked:

Can you already tell me if it’s possible to migrate or restore from a back-up with HC3? I don’t want to first exclude devices en include it in HC3.

And what about LUA code, can I just copy it from the HC2 and paste in the HC3 and that works (after changing device id’s)?

No f**** way...!!!

I mean yes, LUA, ok, that might happen if they change to a major new version... but the basis of the ZWave-Network?

Thats like "sorry, but we cannot migrate your emails from outlook 2017 to 2019, you will need to forward them one by one...."

182 devices... manually.. yeah, right!

• Like 4

I love stupid comment, so let me comment all the stupid comments : if you have wheels from your old VW and wish to use them on your new Ferrari, you will not be able to buy any monting kit. If you build one itself, you will be not able to mount it while driving. If you add additional wheels and hydraulic system to switch to the extra wheels while driving, you might get other issues - and all this is dangerous. There we go, this is how easy is migration from HC2 to HC3.

But let's clarify few things:

- afaik the nvm data from zw300 is not compatible 1=1 with zw500,  one need to read it, patch some bytes and write to the zw500 module. This however works only with specific modules, which probably is not what HC3 is using. But even if, some data need to be read first from zw500, merged with the patched zw500 and written back. That sounds "easy", but is not, especially on live System, and i can't tell you if HC3 does support direct Access to nvm data. When the time comes, i will take a look on that, i think controller move (with some tricks) might work as well, we will see.

- lua scenes migration, well, it is just how they has been saved on HC3. One can for sure "convert" old scenes, assign triggers and import them.

- graphic scenes migration will be probably too complex, so one need to take their lua version

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, tinman said:

I love stupid comment, so let me comment all the stupid comments : if you have wheels from your old VW and wish to use them on your new Ferrari, you will not be able to buy any monting kit. If you build one itself, you will be not able to mount it while driving. If you add additional wheels and hydraulic system to switch to the extra wheels while driving, you might get other issues - and all this is dangerous. There we go, this is how easy is migration from HC2 to HC3.

- afaik the nvm data from zw300 is not compatible 1=1 with zw500,  one need to read it, patch some bytes and write to the zw500 module. This however works only with specific modules, which probably is not what HC3 is using. But even if, some data need to be read first from zw500, merged with the patched zw500 and written back. That sounds "easy", but is not, especially on live System, and i can't tell you if HC3 does support direct Access to nvm data. When the time comes, i will take a look on that, i think controller move (with some tricks) might work as well, we will see.

- lua scenes migration, well, it is just how they has been saved on HC3. One can for sure "convert" old scenes, assign triggers and import them.

- graphic scenes migration will be probably too complex, so one need to take their lua version

Thank you, tinman - I thought it, but you wrote it :-)

The good news about this is that there would be major updates and improvements, hence migration is difficult and risky.

Unfortunately my HC2 is not very old (~one month), so I will have to see if I can sell it, and the buy HC3 - I didn't hear anything valid about HC3, so I bought the HC2, but I have only used it for testing so far, and I will start over with the HC3 - so currently I am curious on the price in Denmark, and where to get it, and then I will buy it, hopefully in time to configure it and install in our (soon) newly build house

13 hours ago, tinman said:

can you tell for instance if a complex scene of @Sankotronic smart lights, netatmo etc. could be converted so they can be used without problems in HC3?

Also I have EVO home, GEA script , solaredge and Ubiquity Unifi WiFi phone check that are important to me

Edited by D-Vine

23 godziny temu, tinman napisał:

I totally disagree with that - who said that it has to be made on running system - you can stop it an programmatically translate one by one module automatically - also for the scenes - this all is digital and there "old code information" = "new code information" +- something - but this something is not random - you can make an exact translator for that.

Also comparing this with car parts is not accurate  - beside this that all Fibaro information are digital and can be easily changed do modified - if to compare to a car - it would be rather situation that when you exchange VW to Ferrari you have to additionally get new driving license because new car is controlled totally new way.

Beside could you imagine situation when with new Windows/Office you can not use anymore all your documents and photos ? Or with new Autocad - you have to draw your last 10 years project once again - not to simply convert them ? Or with new iPhone - you have to take once again all you photos and put manually all contacts ?

All world works this way that you can reuse all your data that you already have - will you agree if your bank introduce new system and order you to sign all documents and credits once again ? Totally unprofessional.

100% conversion is not possible - I know - but modules are essential and when there is no phisical change in them to work i new system they must be converted automatically - and should be also at least verifying tool for scenes - if they will work or not.

I have over 200 modules and over 150 scenes – who will pay unscrew all house to get access to them , for delete them and add and for rewrite all scenes created over last 4 years?

Edited by mkiii
  • Like 2