Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Capacity

AndyMacL

Question

Please can you confirm has the Home centre 2 suficent memory and computing power to control the 20 or so devices fitted & run geo-location with 4 Androyed phones?

If not what other devices will be required?

9 answers to this question

Confirmed...

I have 76 physical devices (193 devices overall). 4 android and 3 iOS phones. Two tablets (android and iOS) connected permanently to HC2 (living and master bedroom)

Geo-location (GPS)  works fine, but experience some delays on location updates.

All above consumes ~40% of RAM.

Edited by cag014

82 devices ... Wow... could you please share your average RAM consumption?

Interesting, who in this forum has the biggest number of physical devices...

Sounds extremely high consumption..

Few months ago had same RAM usage ~80&, have found some bugs in scenes, now is 40% for last 56 days in a row.

@AndyMacL

Could you share your RAM consumption before an upgrade...

Just trying to understand what is the reason that some users have problems to upgrade, may be RAM usage somehow related..

Edited by cag014

Including the satel devices hat are sine like real non zwave devices (new since march this year) , I should be around 200+ physical devices, around 300 if I count all childs devices,  few phones and tabs. Ram right now is 25% but I have rebooted the machine this morning , it will stabilise around 32% normally. All devices are spread over 2 HC2 (1 master/ 1 slave) now but it's for coverage issue not because of an overload + 1 HC lite (slave) with just a few devices maybe 10 max. 

lot of fun :)

Woooooooooooooooow... 200 physical devices and RAM is 32% an average....

Now it sounds interesting, let's see if issues with upgrade related somehow to RAM.

Did you have any issues with upgrades (not just the latest) ?

Edited by cag014

hi @cag014, I didn't have any ram issue since the memory leakage bug has been fixed long time ago, but yes I already had some other issues as already discussed with time response,  also had troubles with unstable VDs crashing very often, but I workaround it as this issue still remains and I don't understang why. But since a good moment now  everything is nearly perfect. The  "only" ( :) ) issue I have regarding time response at the moment is just after a reboot, the system needs 35mn to be up and running normally, probably due to the sync of the FGT scheduller (I assume ...). In my bathroom I also have a light that sometimes takes ages before to switch on, don't ask me why, I don't know , more seriously, I'll need to investigate further. 

for the rest it's rock stable. I'm not a good coder, but i'm trying to tune every little thing I can, maybe the reason why it's stable. I also use to make a backup before a new inclusion, and if something goes bad, I restore the previous version and restart the inclusion again. 

Edited by Tony270570
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

100 devices RAM steady 20-60% but if HUE is coming in/of goes to 100%

RAM measured with system monitor