Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

PIR sensor and heat it thermostat connectivity

Phantome46

Question

I have an open plan kitchen and living area and currently have underfloor heating. I have a heater thermostat in the kitchen area and then one at about half way down the room for the living area.

the issue is I have a lot of glass along one side and around the corner of a wall in the form of 8 bifold door panels.

when you sit in the living area towards the window you can feel a temperature difference in the room which means the thermostat clicks off reaching the right temperature in the middle of the room before the end is warm enough.

so my thinking is can I have the temperature from the PIR sensor relay back to the heat it unit and then continue to call for heat until the temperature is reached?

how do I code for this as a scene? Please help as I’m a novice 

thanks 

2 answers to this question

Off course you can do it, but if you'll continue to heat the room then in the middle of the room will be too hot...isn't?.

What PIR sensor you have and how you control your heater?

Edited by cag014

• Inquirer
  • Heat it thermostat and fibaro motion sensor with thermostat, lux etc built in.

was hoping it could use the 2 temp points to get a median temp or just relay temp between to get to right temp it’s only about 2 degrees so could offset the actual thermostat