Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Steinel outdoor light l810 Z-wave with hc2

Adriaan75

Question

Has anybody experience with steinel outdoor light l810 z-wave. Is there a template available?

it’s a very good outdoor light with many sensors!

10 answers to this question

Hi check this link 

Please login or register to see this link.

. I have not tried it yet, but will soonas I like also the Steinel 810. Just waiting to replace my homey with a fibaro hc2

• Like 1

Hi @Adriaan75

I am using the same outdoor lightning.

Fibaro might be able to make a template.

But in the mean time you can also read and set the parameters manually.

See

Parameter 5 does not seem to be used.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 2:29 PM, net said:

Hi @Adriaan75

I am using the same outdoor lightning.

Fibaro might be able to make a template.

But in the mean time you can also read and set the parameters manually.

See

Parameter 5 does not seem to be used.

Hi @net, thanks. In mean time I found out that best for me works to set the Steinel parameter 9 to 3 (Central unit checking (bit 1 =1) and slavemode bit set). In this way I can complete controle the lamp, get notifications for motion through putting a property event on the dimmer. Unfortunately I cannot directly connect the motion frame to the standard Fibaro security module. So there is still something to wish for. Anyone that has the solution, please share

All, thanks for your post, was a great help in activating my Steinel L810 iHF Z-Wave on Fibaro today. Not all functioning first time right... first associating failed... second seemed successfull but lacked some modules (only 3 out of 6)... after reconfiguration all 6 modules were shown. One strange thing stays... where in 

module .0 is shown as a motion sensor it is shown as a dimmer in my configuration. Did some of you experience the same?

• Inquirer
  • I asked Fibaro if they build a template. I received their answer this week:

Hello and thank you for sending the template.

Please note that devices added without templates should still work with basic functions since templates give us only visual support for maintaining the device. This means that templates facilitate changing the parameters, however any other functionality should work without problems. To change a parameter, please go to device’s advanced settings and choose “Add Parameter” at the bottom of the page. All the information about parameters of a given device is in its manual.

Despite that, I will forward the template to our Software Developers for a review to check if it can be added to Fibaro system within one of the next software updates. We are constantly working on adding templates to our system, but because of large number of such devices it can take some time. I have to ask for a little bit more patience.

• Thanks 1

Has anyone actually managed to get the motion sensor to properly report motion back to home center?  If so please could you list you parameter settings and association settings. 

I have an xled home 2, I can control the light, and the 1st lux sensor reports as expected, however the motion sensor just says "never breached" which is very annoying. 

Weirdly the motion is working on some level as I have 2 scenes set up, 1) send notification and email when motion =breached 2) turn on various other lights when motion =breached. The weird part is I get the notifications and emails, but the lights do not turn on with the exact same automation. I also can't control the flood light via the home center in a scene. 

I have tried multiple parameter and association settings with no further progress, I have also removed, reset and reincluded the flood light multiple times. 

I have 6 entity's showing:

1)Switch 1 (turns flood on/off) 

2)Lux 1 (reports current lux level) 

3)Switch 2 (unknown, sometimes turns flood on, can't turn it off. I assume it would control a slave light hard wired to master light) 

4)Motion sensor (permanently says "never breached) 

5) multi sensor (permanently reads 0.00)

6)Lux 2 (reads 2000, I assume this is a readout of parameter 2 (night lux level)). 

I also sent the template to fibaro as recommended but this has been done by others since it 1st came market with no template released. 

Interestingly some openhab users seem to have got the is-140 working properly, but as they use xlm templates and a different interface it's hard to compare. 

The fact we have no debug log either does not help as there is no way to see what commands are being sent or not. 

On 12/31/2019 at 11:01 PM, Ritsjert said:

All, thanks for your post, was a great help in activating my Steinel L810 iHF Z-Wave on Fibaro today. Not all functioning first time right... first associating failed... second seemed successfull but lacked some modules (only 3 out of 6)... after reconfiguration all 6 modules were shown. One strange thing stays... where in 

module .0 is shown as a motion sensor it is shown as a dimmer in my configuration. Did some of you experience the same?

actually Steinel Firmware between models is very "similar", all you need is to check the status of the specific slave -> in that article i wrote was motion, but on other Steinel devices it can be switch or dimmer. So yeah, it does works, but not with all Features as one could expect/think (meaning you don't see movement, but you see the resulting "light" and have to trigger on it when you need e.g. for alarm). The Motion notification (Alarm Frame) is being send, however HC2 does not know what to do with it, this is why i use the other way.

Edited by tinman

Although an old tread, I want to share somethings but it is with the HC3:

Parameter 9: set to 1 and associations Endpoint 0 (group 1) to Controller (Single channel) and Endpoint 2 (Group 3 - Motion begin/end) to Controller (Multichannel)

I have 6 sub devices (2 multilevel switches, 1 multilevel sensor, 1 motion sensor, 2 light sensors). The light sensors are not very helpfull. Several are stuck on 2000 or 0. The motion sensor works. However frequently I loose the connection between lamp and controller (independent of their location). Often after power down for several seconds they come to life again.

Hope this helps others and hopefully some one can help me.

Btw I have Steinel L810 Zwave lamps. 2 have a template for their parameters (??) the other 8 not. The ones with a template I cannot set any associations(??)

Please login or register to see this attachment.

@hqzgt, The light sensors are not very helpfull. Several are stuck on 2000 or 0. 

Here too sometimes they hang I amhaving 2 pieces various model.>>>now disabled for usage.

//Sjakie

Update: I have bought a new HC3 and switched it to ZWave engine 3.0. I unpaired the Steinel lamps (L810 Zwave) from the existing HC3 and connecting them to the new HC3. As Fibaro states that not all Zwave devices are (fully) compatible with the Zwave engine 3.0, it was important to notice for me that the Steinel lamp did not give any problems. Even more so the associations with the controller were automatically established. (pict 2). I noticed that there are now 7 devices (1 main Zwave device, 1 generic device, 2x multilevel switches, 2x motion sensor and a light sensor) see pict 1.

In order to fully control the lights by the controller I have set the parameters according pict 3. Hope this helps anybody that struggles with this lights.

• Thanks 1