Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro dimmer 2 remote device

Larsa

Question

Hey is there anybody here who can tell me how i put to good use the remote device?

Have read that you can use it for a second zwave controller(light switch)  but why? Cant you control that anyway with assocations...

Can i for example use it for my fibaro motionsensor to turn lights off when im not in the room?

But for me now its just hidden in the system.

Lars-Erik

3 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • I know how to make magic scenes and block scenes...but this device is not physical...its just a part of the dimmer 2. and it looks more like a virtual device for me.

Have read that its the dimmer s2 switch. Im running everything on z-wave switches and no physical switches. So why do i need it?

Larsa

Through scene  activation you can trigger scenes with dimmer 2 s1 or s2 buttons

Single  press, double press, triple press, long press gives you the option to start many different scenes with the one or two physical switches