Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Time Stamp on device/room window

mlsprtc@gmail.com

Hi,
I suggest you to add additional information about Time Stamp for example electricity power consumption or temperature on device tab/window (room window). We do not know when was each data captured. When was workflow started, when will WF stop if it based on time.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I don't know how important this data (probably important for you), but in any case this is not fibaro support site, so do not expect to any answer.

You can open a ticket to support for that.

Meanwhile you can create VD which can show all data.

2 hours ago, cag014 said:

don't know how important this data (probably important for you),

Sir. important 

cuz I can understand when temp sensor was last changed and is temp senor alive or "dead". cuz sometimes for example AEOTEC MS6 look like live and blinking... but no packets transmitted from MS6 to HC2

5 hours ago, 10der said:

Sir. important 

cuz I can understand when temp sensor was last changed and is temp senor alive or "dead". cuz sometimes for example AEOTEC MS6 look like live and blinking... but no packets transmitted from MS6 to HC2

I think you're correct when you monitor your system manually using your eyes... but to monitor manually over 200 devices it's a huge task for human being and usually you don't have enough time to monitor the system in this way.

The whole idea (to mine opinion) of smart home that the system should monitor these kind of situations and if it couldn't be fixed by system, it should warn what went wrong, don't you agree?

As an example I have simple motion sensors connected to UBS and they're time to time stuck in breached mode (UBS to blame). My system monitors these sensors and if they stuck over 7 minutes, poll command initiated (notification sent also) and sensors reading back to normal.

In addition my system constantly monitors all devices, in case "dead" situation occurred notification sent immediately. I don't need to go over all devices to identify "bad" situations.

BTW: I think we all have a view how it should be and I believe there is no right or wrong.

Our ultimate target is a house that practically runs itself.

Edited by cag014

• Topic Author
  • I partially agree with you ("Our ultimate target is a house that practically runs itself."). How can I trust the system if it displays incorrect information (the data is not refreshed according to the timer that was set for each device).

cag14@, could you explain what you mean with "Meanwhile you can create VD which can show all data."?

• Topic Author
  • I have to explain more in detail why i don't trust the system.

1. If you use old mobail app, you do not have any time stamps on devices data, if you use newer mobile app, you have more mistakes on shown data (room temperature data is diferent than temperature senzor data and metadata about refrashing TS is also incorrect, for example 2 day, though was 30 minutes old.)

Now I'm curious, what for you need timestamps? What you attempt to do with this info?

Regrading VD. Create VD which checks and displays  timestamps of devices that you need.

Edited by cag014

Just now, cag014 said:

Now I'm curious, what for you need timestamps?

Regrading VD. Create VD which checks and displays  timestamps of devices that you need.

+1 @cag014

@[email protected]

Please login or register to see this code.

for example. all temp sensors what "sleeping" more than 24h

• Topic Author
  • I will try to be short and clear. Everyone have own opinion on what smart home is. Because I coming from energy company and I am enthusiast user of smart home technology, I primarly using SH for energy management. SH technology are not enough reliable. I'm SH user for 4 year and I used different SH platforms (based on z-wave) during this time . In this long period I  encountered on many malfunction or improper operation. For example my irrigation started without mine or automatic triggering. What's more, the irrigation system did not turn off after a certain time or the water heater was running continuously etc.
    And for example last but not least, as I mentioned yesterday, on mobile app screen you could see different temperature value for the room or device. You can also see an incorrect timing of data synchronization in the image. Later temperature changes are also recorded in the history of the time series data.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_12/image.png.c003d687eae267a16fd95cbe61a800f3.png" />image.png.c1a4e75a0a4820727264eeed8a0f9649.png

Thanks 10der for your post.

I'm new in LUA, I need litle mor time for processing your code.

BR

So as I understand you're using timestamps to identify malfunction in your system, right?  I'm still curious what you're doing when timestamp is wrong?

To be honest, I think it's wrong concept, the system should do it not you.

According to your description I can think on two options as a root cause for malfunction:

1. Issues in your Lua code and I don't mean bad programming, but sometimes the code's logic is not good enough.

2. Z-wave doesn't respond. Might be device is a little bit too far, something blocks communication or your Z-wave traffic overloaded and commands not executed. Download Z-Wave Monitor, it checks your Z-wave performance.

I do have irrigation and heating systems controlled by SH, but every important action is  verified, monitored  and has safe-fail algorithm.

For example, if I turn OFF water heater, it verifies not only that the switch change state, but also checks if switch's power consumption is down to 0w.

I do monitor energy consumption too and the result accuracy is ~5% (compared to electricity billing). Main problem (in my case) that time to time some devices could stop send energy information and then you have power calculation inconsistency. Again  SH monitors devices and makes attempts to fix the issue. If not, notification sent.

Please download "All-in-One Scene" and give it a try.