Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Garage Door with RolloShutter2 ?

Razfaz

Question

Hello, I would like to control my Hörmann garage door with Fibaro. This is ready with a simple button (without power) connected. Now I have a RolloShutter2 lying around here. Is that possible or only with a single switch? If so, how should I connect it?

Greeting

Marco

11 answers to this question

Hi @Razfaz ,

Can you send link to this garage door controller Manual? Or scan page from manual that you have where connections are explained?

As I know many garage door controllers have terminal to connect push button which starts/stops opening/closing. My CAME is such controller and I used Fibaro relay module to control my garage doors.

16 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @Razfaz ,

Can you send link to this garage door controller Manual? Or scan page from manual that you have where connections are explained?

As I know many garage door controllers have terminal to connect push button which starts/stops opening/closing. My CAME is such controller and I used Fibaro relay module to control my garage doors.

Hi @Sankotronic

I'm looking for the same, here is the manual including the wiring guide for the Hormann Supramatic 3 motor:

Please login or register to see this link.

I have the external impulse button (like in 4.2.2) and the photocell (like in 4.2.4) installed.

I plan to install a roller shutter module and the door/window sensor.

Hi @Balage76 ,

I have checked manual and I recommend using

or

with volt free relay contacts to operate garage door instead of roller shutter module. Since you already have push button connected to the garage door controller it is sufficient to connect relay module in parallel to that push button. Like this you will keep all current control with push button and remote controllers and just add ability to control door with HC2. In this case even if HC2 for some reason malfunction you will still be able to operate garage door with push button and remote controller.

Connection example:

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

You can either install relay switch module inside garage door controller and connect L and N to the 230V supply terminals of the controller and IN and Q to the terminal for push button or at the push button side but then you will need to bring 230V supply to relay switch module. After inclusion of relay switch module you will have to setup parameter for auto off. For single relay switch it is parameter 4 Auto off and set it to 0.5 to 1 second. For double relay switch it is parameter 4 Auto off relay 1 and parameter 5 Auto off relay 2.

Roller shutter module is logical to be used for systems that have only motor without control unit, but since you already have control unit with safeties and remote controllers I don't  see any advantages of using roller shutter in your case. I might be wrong so please explain to me how roller shutter is better than suggested solution with relay switch module.

1 hour ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @Balage76 ,

or

with volt free relay contacts to operate garage door instead of roller shutter module. Since you already have push button connected to the garage door controller it is sufficient to connect relay module in parallel to that push button. Like this you will keep all current control with push button and remote controllers and just add ability to control door with HC2. In this case even if HC2 for some reason malfunction you will still be able to operate garage door with push button and remote controller.

Connection example:

Dear @Sankotronic

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation! This is a great help for me, as I'm a beginner with Fibaro.

I wanted to use the roller shutter for two reasons:

1, Using it for garage door is written as second option in it's manual.

2, I'm installing around 20 roller shutter modules for window blinds in the house, so installing 2 extra (one for the garage door and one for the outside gate) would not make any big difference.

I can install the switch inside/next to the garage door motor, this is not a problem.

Hi @Balage76 ,

1. It is true that Fibaro roller shutter 2 can control gate and garage door motors with included safety switch, motor limit switches and emergency stop push button. Still this is in case that you have such simple system, but when you have complete system with controller then there is no need to replace it with roller shutter since original controller can be controlled by original remotes and switches even when HC2 for some reason fail. I have CAME motor controllers for my driveway gate and for garage door so I just used Fibaro relay switch modules to keep original control and just add control from HC2. This way I can still use my CAME original remote controls and open gate and garage door even when my HC2 fail.
  2. I'm not suggesting you to use relay switch modules instead of roller shutters for gate and garage door because of price, but because whenever it is possible it is better to keep original controls and have HC2 as additional control and convenience. This way even if HC2 fail for some reason you will still be able to control your gate and garage door with original remotes and switches.

It is always better to do solutions that will still work even if HC2 dies. Everything in my house and my garden can still be controlled even when HC2 fails. I have solution for swimming pool machinery, irrigation, lighting, gates, doors etc. that will not stop working if HC2 fail and I can't emphasize enough how that approach is the best way to do home automation.

When my HC2 dies we only lose some convenient home automation, but we keep control over all our devices. In 5 years my HC2 stopped working 2 times when I was away from home. My family was a bit sad because they lost nice automation, but still continue to live normally since everything was still functional only without automation.

• Like 1

Hi, I’m new to smart home and just bought Fibaro Dimmer 2 to try and I’m going to connect this to Hubitat.

Do you know whether I can use the Fibaro Android app without having a home centre?

Thanks in advance for your help

On 12/30/2019 at 1:04 PM, Sankotronic said:

Hi @Balage76 ,

or

Connection example:

I am in the very same situation and was thinking, will z-wave controller be aware of the fact that push button was pressed? Would it make sense to wire push-button to S1 terminal instead? Thanks

Just out

i have the hormann supramatic 3 aswell i bought the smart module fgs-214 can you anyone please share how to wire the module  ( pretty pretty please ) i would love to get it connected. !