Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeotec Siren Gen 6

MarcoTorino71

Question

23 minutes ago, Andrés Padrón said:

Hello. Does Indoor Siren 6 Aeotec works with Z Wave 921,4 MHz ? Does anyone have experience using Siren 6 in 921,4 Mhz Frecuency ?

Thanks.

Hi, @Andrés Padrón

I'am using it in Italy with EU frequency.

Ciao

hi all,

I have come very far thanks to this topic.

has any of you also made something to be able to see when the button or the doorbell 6 hit in fibaro? .

with kind regards junior fibaro user

Guest Kint
On 1/18/2020 at 5:26 PM, Giovanni_Genoa said:

Hi All,

I have the AEOTEC Siren6 connected to my Fibaro HC2.

the device is recognised as Generic ZWave DEvice

Please login or register to see this link.

The device as 9 Slaves, each one is programmed for a specific tone, i named ech device with the name of the tone

AEOTED provided a Virtual device wiot  relevant istructions here

I installed it and it's working fine....

The 8 default tones  (out of 30) arte more than enogh for home..

But what I am missing is just the volume control....

Dear @Sankotronic, maybe you have a solution for it?  Maybe to add a Slider..... or at least the Command to change the value pf the volume ((alarmLevel???)

I noted the SW for this Virtual Device   for each button is in TXT format and not in LUA, if I change it to Lua it does not function...

POST /api/devices/236/action/turnOn
HTTP/1.10x0D0x0AHost:10.0.0.210x0D0x0AAuthorization:Basic Z2lvdmEudmluY2lAZ21haWwuY29tOkZkdXFwdigwOTIwMTkp=0x0D0x0A0x0D0x0A

Many thanks id advance to whoever is able for suggestions...

Giovanni

Hi

I ran through your guide, but I experience a problem when I try to save I get an error; "The ID already exist". I type in the ID number of every button in both sound ON and sound OFF, and in the following string.

Do you have a suggestion for a solution?

I have two Siren 6 in my home, is it easy to add two virtual devices in HC2, as long as you use the correct ID for the Siren 6 device?

Regards 

Geir

On 3/3/2020 at 10:51 PM, rinus said:

hi all,

I have come very far thanks to this topic.

has any of you also made something to be able to see when the button or the doorbell 6 hit in fibaro? .

with kind regards junior fibaro user

only with hc3

On 1/12/2021 at 6:20 PM, Kint said:

Hi

I ran through your guide, but I experience a problem when I try to save I get an error; "The ID already exist". I type in the ID number of every button in both sound ON and sound OFF, and in the following string.

Do you have a suggestion for a solution?

I have two Siren 6 in my home, is it easy to add two virtual devices in HC2, as long as you use the correct ID for the Siren 6 device?

Regards 

Geir

Hi @Kint

Sorry for late answering,
I run the same problems, I followed tthe procedure to remove the device from thr sistem and then i added it agai, of course I had to setup it again, and ypdatre the reference ID Table.

So I have read about the limitation of setting sound and volume using HC2 (read about the solution of temporarily adding a secondary controller which I can use as a work around?)

I also read that reading the status of the siren is not possible. What else? 

Can I trigger a HC2 scene with the door bell button? 

Thanks. 

On 3/13/2021 at 1:40 PM, alexndr said:

So I have read about the limitation of setting sound and volume using HC2 (read about the solution of temporarily adding a secondary controller which I can use as a work around?)

I also read that reading the status of the siren is not possible. What else? 

Can I trigger a HC2 scene with the door bell button? 

Thanks. 

Could anybody be willing to answer this question?

don'T remember if the turnOn and turnOff was available in block scenes, but for sure you can create small lua scenes which turns them on and off.

4 hours ago, tinman said:

don'T remember if the turnOn and turnOff was available in block scenes, but for sure you can create small lua scenes which turns them on and off.

Hi @tinman,

Aerotec is not fully compatble with Fibaro. Infact in the block scenes many commands are not available. The onlyway is to use Lua. I changed some paramitets to fullfill my needs (sound and volume) of each bell and then I command it with turnOn and turnoff.

Ciao

4 hours ago, tinman said:

Hi @tinman,

Aerotec is not fully compatble with Fibaro. Infact in the block scenes many commands are not available. The onlyway is to use Lua. I changed some paramitets to fullfill my needs (sound and volume) of each bell and then I command it with turnOn and turnoff.

Ciao

W dniu 12.01.2021 o 18:36, akatar napisał:

only with hc3

Do You have any Idea how to set it to turn It ON with one of the sounds, but with playing it in a loop until I turn Off it by scene or manualy?

What is about with those parameters? Can You show me on one example ? HC3

Edited by Tyskirulez
words

I moved the doorbell6 to homeseer. but it's easy to use a sound or volume in a scene (FW1.4)

So is that really true? Do I understand this right?

Fibaro is not able or willing to fully support the Aeotec Siren 6 on a HC2? My brother bought this HC2 a couple of years ago for - I am not sure - 600 Euros? 800? And now he has to throw it in the bin and buy a new one? Is this the strategy of Fibaro?

As a technical geek I am using Home Assistant (0 Euros) with a USB Z-Wave stick for about 25 Euros (IIRC) since a couple of years now . With this environment I was able to include, configure and use the siren without any problems. And any other Z-Wave compatible devices.

So why should anyone buy these Fibaro controllers any more? Oh yes, now I remember: You need Fibaro controllers to make firmware-update for Fibaro devices. There is no other way.

I will now suggest my brother to switch to Home Assistant (or any other system) and eventually never spend his lifetime watching these Wait-Some-Minutes-I-am-Working-On-Something-I-Dont-Know-Circles again and again.

chicken

Edited by chicken

20 minutes ago, chicken said:

So is that really true? Do I understand this right?

Fibaro is not able or willing to fully support the Aeotec Siren 6? My brother bought this HC2 a couple of years ago for - I am not sure - 600 Euros? 800? And now he has to throw it in the bin and buy a new one? Is this the strategy of Fibaro?

As a technical geek I am using Home Assistant (0 Euros) with a USB Z-Wave stick for about 25 Euros (IIRC) since a couple of years now . With this environment I was able to include, configure and use the siren without any problems. And any other Z-Wave compatible devices.

So why should anyone buy these Fibaro controllers any more? Oh yes, now I remember: You need Fibaro controllers to make firmware-update for Fibaro devices. There is no other way.

I will now suggest my brother to switch to Home Assistant (or any other system) and eventually never spend his live time watching these Wait-Some-Minutes-I-am-Working-On-Something-I-Dont-Know-Circles again and again.

chicken

Nice first post. How are you doing too. If you realy want to know how it works between the HC2 (z-wave) and the sirene, the answer is on this forum. I’m not seaching for you, because I kind of think you are not interested. 

Home Assistant is excellent, I would suggest you stay there and support your brother to get over there. Everyone happy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chicken said:

As a technical geek

if you really are a technical geek, you know the how and the why (zwave command classes)

i don't see a question?

Edited by akatar

55 minutes ago, akatar said:

i don't see a question?

No problem. Questions are sentences which end with a question mark.

A question mark is a single character which looks like this: ?
Have a look at my previous post. Maybe you will find some?

However, only a few articles in this forum are questions. This is normal for __any__ forum. Communication is not only done by asking questions, you know?

Concerning z-wave command classes: The underlying Linux based system could be extended if it doesn't support the latest standards. If it is a problem with the usb connected controller (hardware), Fibaro could sell a replacement. But I understand that they prefer to make more money with a complete new hardware.

I already mentioned that even Home Assistant supports any Z-Wave compatible device. At least I never had problems with any new devices - no matter what brand.

But I am willing to learn from you and will ask you a question now: what do you think is the reason that progression in Z-Wave standards cannot be implemented in Fibaro systems but can be implemented in Open Source systems like Home Assistant with also never changed controller hardware?

7 minutes ago, chicken said:

No problem. Questions are sentences which end with a question mark.

A question mark is a single character which looks like this: ?

I would say, have a nice day

2 hours ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

Nice first post. How are you doing too. If you realy want to know how it works between the HC2 (z-wave) and the sirene, the answer is on this forum. I’m not seaching for you, because I kind of think you are not interested. 

Home Assistant is excellent, I would suggest you stay there and support your brother to get over there. Everyone happy. 

The only solution I found for changing volume and other stuff was using a USB Z-Wave controller stick and some Windows software. However, this is quite inconvenient compared to a solution, where you can control these parameters right from the Smart Home UI.

But you are right: there were too many problems in the past so that we will eventually change to Home Assistant (or maybe another not so proprietary system) and everyone will be happy then...