Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Wall Socket switches off

spreadzz

Hello,

I have a Fibaro Wall Socket, it works ok with normal devices.

But when I plug in a electric heater which has max 2500w, exactly the max the wall socket specifies it can take. The socket turns off after a few seconds.

Help! I need to get it working the whole reason I purchased fibaro wall socket and HCL is to automate my heater.

The socket says it can take 2500w, and the electric heater is max 2500w, until the socket turns off I can see the heater is around 2300w.

Check device overload parameter setting, As far as I know it shuts off over 3200W. May be your heater has momentary power spikes (you won't see them in UI)

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Please notice, It could be different parameter number, depends on wall plug generation and version.

If device setup is OK, try to replace heater with lower consumption or purchase different switch (I'm using Aeon lab wall plugs for high consumption appliances)

Edited by cag014

• 4 months later...
On 1/26/2020 at 12:28 AM, jxiollsmco said:

What the damn differense in “earth” and neutral, what gonna happen if I use that switches without neutral? It wont work, or it just not safe? How 

Please login or register to see this link.

big is danger?

First of all, electricity runs in a circuit. You need N if You want the electrons to go from L. Earth/GND/COM is there in case those electron decide to run away. They can run into the ground with no significant damages or they can burn a hole in Your wall accompanied by a fireworks show. Taking out interferences from the ciruit is another matter.

If I may suggest - don't do installations if You can't tell the difference between N and PE. 

• 9 months later...

Have you tried plugging the WP to another socket? 

Edited by vicyclesix