Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

No pen drive on a fresh box opening

_oho

Question

Hello,

I have just receive my Home Center 2 and opened the box, remove the plastic protection of HC2, un screw the cover and discover that there is no pen drive in it.

All tutorials and doc I could find mention a pre-existing pen drive in the box. But not in my case. 

So, I'm stress to try to plug it without pen drive as initialisation doc mention "WARNING do not turn on without pen drive".

I will call support tomorrow (to where I have bought it) but getting frustrated as I was ready to spen the night testing everything ;(

Any advice ?

1) Can I flash any USB key with some kind of firmware to download somewhere ? I can't find much info on the forum or Google on this particular case.

2) is the USB key just an empty key to backup made config ? in this case I guess I could play around without Pen drive ?

Hope some folk could quickly answer so that I could start play with it :)

O.

Edited by _oho

4 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Oh! Cool, so I can power on the box without stress ? Even if the doc says don't start without it ?

O.

• Inquirer
  • Thank you for the quick reply.

You made my night :) !

O.