Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Push Notifications not working

Samerhanna

This again shows that Fibaro, although pretending to be used as proper alarm system, is still a farce. 

I can imagine that systems can go down, but at least inform your users that unfortunately the server also has ‘weekend’. 

communication, communication, communication Fibaro.... 

• Like 1

3 days have passed, completely disappointed with fibaro.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Samerhanna said:

Problem solved

Mine works too since 4h at least. (but not 6h ago) 

No comment from Fibaro on this I take it? 

• 3 weeks later...

This is why I suggested to Fibaro to give out information about their servers status:

For Christ’s sake Fibaro, please fix the push notifications issue, the most expensive controller on the market, which we buy because of its capabilities and user interface and the most simple of tasks isn’t working, how am I supposed to sell this to my customers who want notifications on their devices, to i have to go to cheaper inferior Vera controllers?

Please fix this issue ASAP

10 hours ago, DOUGHERTY77 said:

For Christ’s sake Fibaro, please fix the push notifications issue, the most expensive controller on the market, which we buy because of its capabilities and user interface and the most simple of tasks isn’t working, how am I supposed to sell this to my customers who want notifications on their devices, to i have to go to cheaper inferior Vera controllers?

Please fix this issue ASAP

Agree! In my case, only The super user is getting notifications from devices (eg door open). And in just one phone. 

Hi all,

In my case HC2 with FW version 4.570 and latest versions of old Fibaro mobile app on iOS we are all receiving push and popup notifications. We are still not using new Fibaro Home Center app because it is not finished product. In time when Fibaro finally finish this new app we might start using it.

If other users are not receiving push notifications you might check to which mobile devices your code is sending them. Sometimes there is a bit of mix in list of mobile devices and some devices might have double ID's but only one will actually work.

Anyway, I can confirm that popup, push and e-mail notifications at the present moment are working fine and as expected.

• 4 weeks later...

Is this still an issue for people. I am not getting any email notification. I use it for a panic but for my Farther. This is super inconvenient.

Hi @MattyO ,

I have no problems here with notifications, e-mail, push or popup. Maybe you should check functionality of the button? Which button do you use?

Hi @MattyO and @Sankotronic I still have problem with built in device notification (e.g. send mobile push notification to user when door is opened) - in this case, only the superadmin gets the notification message in only one device or app (if you have both iOS apps installed, only 1 will receive - the 1st you've configured).

Push notifications within scenes, work perfectly (but in this case I input the device ID).

I already tried everything to fix but no success. Ended up giving up and relying on other notification service (aka homebridge - much fast and reliable - downside is that I have another "middleman" that can fail eventually).

Hi @timothydalton ,

No problems here. I'm on firmware 4.570 and still using old iPhone Fibaro app just to be clear. On what firmware is your HC2 and what mobile app you are using?

39 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @timothydalton ,

No problems here. I'm on firmware 4.570 and still using old iPhone Fibaro app just to be clear. On what firmware is your HC2 and what mobile app you are using?

@Sankotronic I'm on firmware 4.570. I have both iphone Fibaro apps installed in two different iphones (my wife and mine). So I was supposed to receive push notification (from within device - eg. door open, window open..) in 4 different apps, but I only receive in 1 app - the first one I've logged with the superadmin account. If I remove this iOs device (the one receiving push notifications) from fibaro, the notification will be sent to the second in line (I did this test - I changed my phone and my wife started to receive the notifications and I didn't, so I removed all iOS device and start receiving again, even after she use the apps again and her device was "re-added" to HC2 but now with a different (and higher) iOS device id.

Do you have more than one person receiving this notifications using different phones? 

Just to be clear, notification within scenes, popup notification, .. all work fine. The problem is only with device notification you configure within device (see attached picture).

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Hi @timothydalton ,

I never used this option from device settings because except turning on or off sending notification I have no other control. For that I have made one VD to turn on/off sending push notification if status of the sensor changes and scene that is triggered by that change and send push notification. If check of door/window sensors status change is turned off then it is still possible to get popup notification with the list of opened doors/windows when scene is manually started

You can find that solution here: