Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Heat controller not closing

boogie1982

Question

Hi there,

I'm running a heat controller on fw 4.3 with a issue (running on a non-fibaro controller). When installed on a valve with the RA-N adapter the controller stays in a open position, turning the knob to white doesn't do anything and calibration closes the valve for a second and than open again. After the calibration the controller still don't close.

I tried to install the controller on a other valve (one without the need for a adapter) and the controller works perfectly.

Hope somebody can help me to figure this out.

Cheers Alexander

3 answers to this question

Faulty adapter?

Try this adapter on a other device?

Connect adapter on Fibaro and see if its working also with counter force on it.

Succes

• Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • Hi Sjakie,

Tried to apply some pressure to the knob and this seems to work. Fingers crossed that's it keeps working! :-)

Cheers, Alexander

• Inquirer
  • Does the heat controller only rely on the internal temperature sensor (of if bought the external bluetooth sensor)? Or is it possible to send temperature data from a other sensor?

To make my question more clear: I have my radiator under a windowsill and noticed that the Fibaro heat controller doesn't respond as it should.  Is there a internal temperature sensor that the controller rely on? Or is it possible to have temperature data from my zwave network to control the heat controller?

Edited by boogie1982
    additional information