Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro for Tablet --> no local access with Tab S6 possible

srt

Question

Hello,

as the title says, my new Tab S6 does connect to HC2 only via remote access although I'm connected to my WIFI. I have several other tablets and phones in use in my house and all others do connect locally with same login data. I tried to remove and reinstall the app but not work. Next I tried not to put in Fibaro ID and so force the app to do local connection but then the app can not find my Home Center. Also tried with other password, always same result: All other Andoid devices can connect locally except the new Tab S6.

Does anybody here have same problem?

Any ideas what I can do?

14 answers to this question

Hello,

I have the same problem, and unfortunately no solution yet. (Just wanted to write to the forum today about this...)

My tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-T510), and the issue is the same. Maybe one differenc to what you write: when I don't enter the Fibaro ID, it searches for and founds the HC2 without any problem, but when I enter local user data, then it says that it cannot connect to the HC.

As you write also, other Android tablets or iPads connect locally without an issue.

I hope someone has an idea.

Thanks,

Gabor

Hi, 

20 hours ago, gabors said:

My tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-T510)

I have the exact model with the same problem.

However, I solved it with creating a local account for it (User other than super user)  and i didn't log in with fibaro id to force it to connect through the local network.

hope this could help you too.

Edited by Ahmad.Lazkani

Thank you Ahmad!

I also tried logging in with a local fibaro user, but that didn't work either.

• Inquirer
  • On 12/17/2019 at 1:47 PM, gabors said:

.. when I enter local user data, then it says that it cannot connect to the HC.

That's what I wanted to say.

Tried now also with other IP from DHCP and also static IP for Tablet, no success.

BTW

other working Tablets are
    Nexus7

SM-T555

SM-T585

edit

I have installed HC2 App for phone on my Tab S6 and it connects locally.

Edited by srt

Yes, the same here. On the tablet, both the old Fibaro for phone and the new Home Center app can connect locally. But my tablet is mounted on the wall in landscape mode, so that doesn’t help me. :(

For example the power consumption is only available in the tablet app, but displayed only in local connection.

(Offtopic, but only happens on the problematic android tablet app for me: the date and time regularly displays 01/01/1970 01:00, so Unix epoch +1 hour, which is my time zone.)

Same issue. All samsung devices appear to be affected. Every Samsung Device I own cannot connect locally. This is also the case with the intercom app. 

Plus, I do not recieve notifications on Samsung devices.

Tested it with:

- Galaxy S10+ (Mobile HC2 app works, intercom app does not)

- Galaxy S7 Edge (Mobile HC2 app works, intercom app does not)

- two different Galaxty Tab A 10.1"

On my Oneplus phones both notification as wel as local login work fine. 

Edited by lennminkhorst

Hi,

same Isuse also for me on Samsung Tab A10 and Fibaro for Tablet. 
    Did anyone found a solution?

Thank you. 

Best Regards,

Alex

Hey,

I'm having same problems and not with just samsung SM-T510 but also with  lenovo M10 tablets, we have 58 fibaro HC2's and we need to change out the tablets as the old lenovo tab10's are getting old now. Would be great if the app supported mainstream tablets like samsung and lenovo but nah.

The newest app works(i can log in with it, with both models) but it does not have such simple options, as to change Heating setpoint for "Heat it" thermostats(heating setpoint is there in "fibaro for tablet" and also for the mobile version so its effing stupid to make a new app with less features).  Fibaro for mobile (old app) works too, but it looks even worse than the fibaro for tablet and its not for tablets - just like the new broken app.

How long will it take to get a working app? Or if you dont plan to support newer tablets, then fibaro should release a list of supported tablets(that work with "fibaro for tablets").

Best regards

So i did some more tests with the older 1.16.0 Fibaro for tablet too.  With 1.16.0 it crashes the app as soon as i click on Connect or configure. 

So far nothing has helped. So both version for the Fibaro for tablet app's are not working with newer android tablet models. 

Works with Huawei Tablet but not with Samsung tablet. Keeps disconnecting over and over again and eventually it cant connect at all anymore and you have to clear data and cache. 

Hey Fibaro? 4 years and still no fix? WTF

Edited by KkTHxDie