Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to integrated motion sensor of Netatmo Presencs

Splinter

Hi there
I own a Netatmo Presence.

I would like to integrate the motion detector into my HC2 and use it.

I thought of the following:

If a person or a car is recognized then the camera gives me the corresponding message.

I would like to use this message in the HC2 so that, for example, if a person is recognized, for example a variable jumps to true or false and I can use the variable in another scene.

For example, if a person is recognized that the house lighting is also activated.

Has anyone implemented something similar here?

thank you for your help

I have completely integrated Netatmo Welcome cameras, but Netatmo presence not yet since I don't have one.

I'm still contemplating to get one or not since my main entrance is near my house so I think it will be triggered by cars, people and animals that just pass by on road in front of my gate making it unusable. (can't make it not see road in front of my gate which has lots of traffic).

Just ordered one Netatmo presence camera. It is on the way. Integration will follow as soon as I received it.

I still can't believe I did it. :-D 

• Like 1

HelloGuys,

Does the Netatmo Precense sees persons or does it also recognize persons?

//Sjakie

45 minutes ago, Sjakie said:

HelloGuys,

Does the Netatmo Precense sees persons or does it also recognize persons?

//Sjakie

Hi @Sjakie ,

Netatmo presence only distinguish person, animal or car, but does not recognize persons face like Netatmo welcome camera.

Hello @Sankotronic,

Thanks for the answer.

Can the Netatmo welcome be integrated as in fully integrated in HC2?

Such as person A,B are in the house and moving?  Person A left ( depends where the device is watching)

I am looking for an alternative for my Alecto cam since I have an iPhone the video is or up, down,left or right adjustable but goes immediately back to one of those positions.

So I did not made up my mind out -or inside cam.

//Sjakie

Hi @Sjakie ,

I have 3 Netatmo welcome cameras and one is on its way to be added to the system. Mostly it works OK, but sometimes even I have turned on geofencing on all our mobile phones it does not set us away. It is not that bad, but still it is not 100% reliable. Recognizing is working excellent and nice thing is that this gives possibility to make HA more personal since our house knows who is at home and who has left or arrive. Announcements and notifications can be personalized and targeted to each of us with names and personal settings and interest. Unfortunately each camera has to learn faces for itself and what one camera learn can't be shared with other cameras. Also, all learning is stored locally on SD card only which is security wise perfect, but if for some reason SD card fail then camera will have to learn all faces from scratch again. Learning is quite fast but it entirely depends on how frequently you walk in front of it.

For system to work on personal level requires at least few cameras one positioned to look at the entrance door and other two in at least living room and dinning/kitchen. I plan to add one more to garage which is usually place where we arrive or leave home.

I have made Welcome VD that gives complete integration of the cameras to the HC2 with possibility to stop/restart monitoring on selected camera or all cameras at once, also to set one person or all persons away. It can also show who is at home or away not only for family members but also for guests and user can scroll through all events on HC2 and on web browser even see photos for the events that have one. It is possible to have on HC2 up to 2000 events (user selectable number of events).

For now only UHAS compatible version of VD is available. I still need to add notifications TTS and other types and then I might even make a standalone version.

VD can change status of the PresenceState global variable and as such used as part of the presence module.

Still I think that this Netatmo system is OK if used with at least one other presence solution just to make sure that presence for each person is always properly set to home/away.

• Thanks 1

Hi @Sankotronic,

ok Netatmo Welcome will be delivered tomorrow.

- Also, all learning is stored locally on SD card only >>>> copy to another cam or back up?

hmmm pity I dont have UHAS I hope to get some stuff working in HC2

After this I must think about the Presence

//Sjakie

• 5 months later...

The Welcome cameras are self-educating (no info sharing between them at all), information on their cards is encrypted.

Do not copy or insert the SD card from another camera - this card will be formatted automatically and you'll lose all information on it.

Edited by kevgeniy