Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

jiteshpatel

I have just brought me an HCL, a double relay, and heating controllers with temperature sensors. 

I wanted to create a system when I am able to run each room on its own heating schedules. For this. I have got the TRVs which have the separate temperature sensors linked to each TRV. 

.So far I have got the boiler running all the time, with the TRVs running their own schedule via the heating panel. 

But I am finding that at times, the room is below the temperature desired and the TRV serpoint it still stuck that temperature. What I mean by this is, I want a room to be 23c, but the sensor reporting 21c, and the trv setpoint is till at 23c. Should the set point of the trv be pushed to max in order to get to the temperature required on the temperature sensor. 

I am also struggling on how I can get the combi boiler to fire when a room is below the desired temperature. Any ideas on how this would be implemented. 

• Topic Author
  • Thank you for the link

I have read through how you have set this up and am a little confused. 

i have a combi boiler, and wanted to ask how you have built your setup in HCL as this is what seems to be confusing me the most. 

if I can get the heating operate By changing temps on TRV according to the schedules, I can then just add the final bit of logic around if any room is below the desired temperature, then fire the boiler. 

this final bit of logic, how can is be done on a HCL

This final bit of logic is done in the Heating panel.

Example.

Living Room

TVR measure's 20 degrees Celsius. temp is set to 18 degrees Celsius.

The Heating panel is set till 08:00 am, to 18 degrees Celsius. At 08:00 the heating panel temp is set to 21 degrees.

Then the Heating panel logic set the TVR temp. to 21 degrees. The output that is setup in the heating panel close and will fire the Boiler.

If the temperature rises till 21 degrees the Heating panel wil switch of the output wich fires the boiler.

That's why you will need a output for every room, for wich you create a seperate heating schedule.

Is this helpfull??

Its not possible to set the temperature on the TVR in manual to start heating. ( maybe possible with LUA, but this is only HC2)

The Heating panel is a kind of master device.

The only possibility is to change the temperature is in the fibaro app, Heating panel. There you can make an temporary overide of the heating panel.

After this time is passed the heating panel takes over again.

Edited by Flash

Hi,

I made some screen shots of my heating panel, and the linked devices panel.

Hopes this helps.

See attachment

So for every room you want to heat separately.

You need to have one or more TVR's and a main room temp. sensor. A potential free output for switching the boiler.

Create a heating panel schedule.

Create a linked devices panel.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Flash

• Topic Author
  • Hi

I have seen your screenshots and kind of understand how you have done it,

But I have The FIBARO Heat Controller & Temperature Sensor for 5 rooms, how do I create linked devices with that?

Do you have a heatcontroller for each room?

If you go to the heating panel, and you add new zone you get a list of rooms that are setup in you're HCL.

I created for every room with a heat controller in a room.

The heating panel knows if there is an heat controller availble in this room.

In the linked devices you can also set up this zones a choose the corresponding heat controller in this room.

My living room has 2 heatcontrollers, and they both get set by the heating panel schedule.

Edited by Flash

• Topic Author
  • I have done this, but you have you set as your setting to make the boiler come on when the heating zone is under temperature 

21 minutes ago, pnutp0wer said:

I see you are using Secure/Horstmann thermostats

No I,m not using the Horstmann thermostats, I only use the icon of them, sorry for the confusion.

I use the potential free outputs from 3 smart implants. These outputs are al parallel conected, even with the old main living room theremostat.

4 of these outputs are used for 4 different room heating. 2 are stil spare. Want to buy some Fibaro Heat cotrollers, but I,m waiting for a 4,7 version.

The main Living thermostat is set to a fixed value of15 degrees Celsius. This a kind of failsafe device.

I the HCL fails I can open up the TVR by manual and use the Living room thermostat.

12 hours ago, jiteshpatel said:

I have done this, but you have you set as your setting to make the boiler come on when the heating zone is under temperature 

I,m sorry but I don't understand what yo mean.

Edited by Flash

• Topic Author
  • My question was...

with your setup, how does the boiler fire when the temperature in the room is below the temperature which you have set. 

I am Interested in the screen setups 

54 minutes ago, jiteshpatel said:

how does the boiler fire when the temperature in the room is below the temperature which you have set

This is a combination from the heating panel and the linked devices panel.

If the heating panel say's the temperature should be 21 degrees.

Then the temperature of the TVR is set to 21 degrees.

If the room thermometer gives 18 degrees. Then the linked devices panel switches the potential free output connected/setup in this panel to on.

If the temperature rises till 21 degrees, the linked devices switched the output of.

everthing is done from the heating panel and linked devices panel. This is an integrated setup from Fibaro.

In the attached file heating. (previous posting) there is an picture heat_07.

There are 4 thermostats icon in it.

These ar just an icon for the potential free output of the smart implant. who are al connected parallel to the boiler switch on contact.