Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

DHT22 - Has anyone got it working?

HugoFitz

Question

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Smart Implant with a DHT22 as discrete humidity and temperature sensor for automations in our bathroom.

I've followed the super vague instructions here

Please login or register to see this link.

"Change values of parameters:

• Connected to IN1: change parameter 20 to 4
  • Connected to IN2: change parameter 21 to 4"

I'm running a Home Centre Lite, I've set the sensor like below but nothing else seems to happen! Can anyone give me the next clue as to what to do? Thanks in advance :-)

image.png.cb98cd5e8cfda8674c46a40ebdcc09c2.png

I don't have a Smart Implant myself, but I don't think your sensor is an analog 0-10V unit.
Is there no choice for 1-wire or digital input?

• Inquirer
  • You're  the DHT22 is a digital sensor and should communicate on serial to the SP connection of the SmartImplant. 

The manual says to set parameter 20 to 4 and parameter 21 to 4.

After some digging in the manual I found what these relate to set accordingly in HCL

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_01/image.png.b58a5a8f870eaec18d4c005ca9def7d9.png" />

Yeah, I've had once a DHT22 on a Smart Implant. It's a digital sensor and you don't have to change parameters 20 and 21, leave them on 'not used' if you don't use them. Those are for the analog inputs (yellow and green wire).

Just connect the DHT22 in the right way to the Smart Implant, see page 10, paragraph 4.4. Important is to include the smart implant after the DHT22 is connected and not before. you can't combine DHT22 with DS18B20's on the same Smart Implant. Be careful with the sensors, they're very sensitive and you kill them easily when soldering or connect them in the wrong way.

• Inquirer
  • Thank you so much. I'll give this a go.

I'd been resetting the Smart Implant.

Hadn't twigged that I'd need to remove it and re-add it to the Z-Wave network!

Will post the results.

On 1/14/2020 at 11:37 AM, HugoFitz said:

Thank you so much. I'll give this a go.

I'd been resetting the Smart Implant.

Hadn't twigged that I'd need to remove it and re-add it to the Z-Wave network!

Will post the results.

Any luck yet?

• Inquirer
  • It works!

Thank you so much for this @Barend99

As a note for anyone else reading this you can also use the IN1 and IN2 (the green and yellow wires) alongside the DHT22 on the digital input :-)

Thanks too.

I remove FGBS-222 from HC2, remove power from FGBS-222, reconnect well DHT-22, reconnect power to FGBS-222, then include FGBS-222 and it worked too !

(even i thought my first connection was well done...)

Notice that also update firmware of  FGBS-222 from 5.1 to 5.2 before exclude/include process...

hello guys, 

first time trying to add a soil moisture sensori like this:

i have HC3, i'm following all the things written in Smart Implant manual:

and i followed all the things you described above.

i have added and un-added smart implant several times, 

the sensor is proprelly powered, and cabled, i've both tryed the blue-white-brown & blue-brown-yellow configuration 

i do not understand what have i to set via HC3 webserver and wha

what is the proper configuration? can someone make me a little step by step explanation "for dummies"??

what shud i expect to see in device page??

thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi - this thread is about the DHT22. I don't think your soil sensor uses a DHT22. It is more likely an analog sensor. You can still use a smart implant to measure the voltage of a 0-10V sensor though.

@MarcoSmartForYou , I do not think you can connect that sensor directly to a Smart Implant.
    A sensor is required that provides an output signal in the form of a voltage signal. Your sensor seems to have a pulse output and then an extra module is required that counts the pulses and converts them to 0-5 V or 0-10 V.
    As the video shows, you can use an Arduino for that, but modify the program so that it creates a 0-5 V output signal that you connect to the Smart Implant.

@MarcoSmartForYou

EDIT

See 

Edited by RH_Dreambox

On 1/13/2020 at 10:46 PM, Barend99 said:

Yeah, I've had once a DHT22 on a Smart Implant. It's a digital sensor and you don't have to change parameters 20 and 21, leave them on 'not used' if you don't use them. Those are for the analog inputs (yellow and green wire).

Just connect the DHT22 in the right way to the Smart Implant, see page 10, paragraph 4.4. Important is to include the smart implant after the DHT22 is connected and not before. you can't combine DHT22 with DS18B20's on the same Smart Implant. Be careful with the sensors, they're very sensitive and you kill them easily when soldering or connect them in the wrong way.

One question...

Can the Smart Implant's two relays still be used simultaneously with the DHT22?

🤔

@Danni

One question...

Can the Smart Implant's two relays still be used simultaneously with the DHT22?

Hi,.. One answer : yes  :)

Hi Guys!

I hope this thread is still living.

I have FGBS-222 with DHT22 sensor and I tried to control a relay (input 12V DC, switching  230V AC) which switch on 2 12cm FANs.

When I switch the FANs on the Home Center 2 says the DHT22 sensors (temperature and humidity) went wrong and they stopped working until I power off and on FGBS-222. When the FANs are not connected then the switching of the relay doesn't cause any trouble.

Is there any ide what could be wrong?

Thank you!

Krisztián

@krizso

How do you control the relay? Exact type. Draw a circuit diagram. It may be a too large voltage spike that occurs when the relay is switched on. Use a diode in the closing direction connected in parallel to the 12VDC relay coil. An ordinary one, for example 1N4007, will suffice.

Edited by Martin_N

Just give the controll voltage to the exact point of the relay without any diode.

Here is the simple circuit diagram.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by krizso

@krizso I know how to connect SI. I was wondering if you knew that. According to the datasheet, the draw on the coil could be 125mA, which is close to the current limit for the SI output. And right here I expect a problem. When the relay is switched on, there will be a significant current and even more voltage peak, which either the power source or the SI output will not withstand. That's why I recommended placing a quenching diode there in the closing direction on the coil.

Thank you Martin!

One more little lamer question from me. Where should I put the diode exactly? Could you please send me simple picture for this?

By the way where can you find such an information like 125 mA could be the draw on the coil of the relay? :)

Edited by krizso

Of course, this is the value of a permanently closed relay. If the relay closes, there will be a much larger current and mainly voltage peak. As a basic protection there is an extinguishing diode.