Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Home Center App Local Operation

Unified_io

Question

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere (I did search but couldn't find any reference to it) or I'm just completely missing something with the Home Center app.

The Home Center app seems to take an excessively long time (approx 15 seconds) to open when logged in via the Fibaro ID even when it has a local connection.

If I log out and choose the log in offline option, close and re-open the app, it opens offline in a matter of 2-3 seconds - so clearly when logged in with Fibaro ID its going external even when I'm on the local network.

Just wondering if there is anyway to force the Home Center app to connect locally while on a local connection? The old Fibaro app did this without issue.

Logging out, then choosing the log in offline option while on the local network, and then logging out and logging in with Fibaro ID when external isn't really the most ideal solution.

Edited by Unified_io

8 answers to this question

Hi. Just use static ip or ddns service instead of Fibaro ID. It will connect in matter of seconds this way both on local and remote networks. 

Edited by baskalex

On 7/11/2020 at 10:18 AM, bker said:

How do you do this as I having the same issue

If you find a solution, let us know, I hope there will be more information in the topic.

On 7/11/2020 at 10:18 AM, bker said:

How do you do this as I having the same issue

When you are setting app up for the first time, when it asks you for Fibaro ID, tap skip in the lower part of the screen. It will give you a screen when you need to put IP, login and password of your HC2. In order to be able to connect remotely you need several prerequisites:

1) open port 80 of your HC2 IP on you router

2) you should have static WAN IP or DDNS set up. 

After this you just put your static IP or DDNS in the IP field for example 185.689.44.87:80 or

Please login or register to see this link.

and in Login and password fields you put your local HC2 login and password. That’s pretty it. 

I deleted the Home Centre app and reinstalled it and on the log in screen it ask for the Fibro ID and password and at the bottom of the screen it has register account or log in offline......I am not seeing a skip button

32 minutes ago, bker said:

I deleted the Home Centre app and reinstalled it and on the log in screen it ask for the Fibro ID and password and at the bottom of the screen it has register account or log in offline......I am not seeing a skip button

Press log in offline. 

I did that in the Router I set up a port forward to the local ip of the HC2 with port 80 and when I try to log in offline it can't find the ip address.......I have a static IP.....sorry I must be doing something wrong....I assume you are saying to input my static ip into the IP address

Regards

I got a reply from Fibaro Tech support acknowledging the fact they have an issue with external control when you are logged in with your Fibaro ID to allow you to have both remote access and instant response when I WiFi.......I did more testing and using Amazon Alexa voice control on the iPhone when using 4G is instant response so I am 110% confident that its a Fibaro issue and they have confirmed it so now we wait for the fix which they say they are working on so for now we will have to wait until they find the solution.