Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Adding Z-Stick as a Secondary Controller to HC2 with Zensys Tool

leji1

Question

Dear,

I have been using HC for several years and my Z-WAVE network is starting to expand.

To secure this network, I would like to provide a secondary Z-WAVE controller as described in this document.

Please login or register to see this link.

Is it possible ?

5 answers to this question

Please login or register to see this link.

otherwise your the next step calling / writeing to FIBARO support for recovering HC2 from slave to master again.

There is some options In hc2 zwave config to include secondary controller and another options to transfer Master role to this secondary controller. 

I am in the middle of transitioning from hc2 to openhab with aeotec zstick and just wondering whether it is possible to use those features to move the whole network from hc2 to openhab and get rid of hc2 for good. 

Is it possible this way?

I don’t knowing it is possible but I’m interested in why you chose openhab instead of Home Assistant? 

1. It is said that OH is more stable than HA.
  2. I have over 15 years of experience in software written in Java with tech stack like Spring and OSGI. OH is based on Java, Spring and OSGI. 
  3. Python (HA) is a language I don't consider to be maintainable as much as Java - see point 1.
  4. OH seems to have more UIs 

Having HC I was lacking stability, maintainability and extendability and OH has given me more stable system (though my HC is stable enough), more maintainable (logs, my own OS under the HA, my preferred tech stack) and I can write my own bindings to OH with ease. 

Even though I know python - it has less tooling and weaker IDEs than Java. 

Having a working OH for a few months now I would say I have made a good choice :)

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your clear answer. Maybe I install it and try it out besides my Fibaro.