Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Thermostat FGBHT001 not calibrating correctly. Valve does not open completely

DuMees

Hi all,

I've searched the forum but can't find this specific problem.

I have 3 fgbht001's, in 3 different rooms. I started with testing 1 just to be sure. It worked correctly so I purchased 2 more. Now I have 2 that do not open the valve completely and 1 that works. 

The issue I now have is that also in the room it worked correctly the valve does not get openend anymore. The radiator does not heat up sufficiently and therefore the room temp drops. I tested with the classic RTV and everything is fine (it's a m30 1.5). I recalibrated the FGBHT001 with no success. Closing completely works, opening completely I hear the motor running for like 2 seconds and than it's done. 

Yes, I recalibrated automatically by chosing the "white" option when holding the button and selecting it. I can hear the FGBHT001 recalibrating (takes about 5 seconds, which I think is a bit short to fully close and open).

When I take it off, calibrate without attaching, I see the "push pin" coming out, considering it takes way more than 2 seconds (like more towards 20-30 seconds, I figured that mechanically it works, but something in the (middle)software does not function correctly. 

I have the external sensors also linked. 

Tomorrow I'll factory reset everything to see if I can get them to work again and update this thread.

Does anyone have experience with this issue?

Is it maybe due old firmware?

Any tricks I can try on the valve perhaps?

Maybe a trick to calibrate manually?

Do I need to return/send them in for repair?

Thanks,

DuMees

Edited by DuMees
Forgot information

I would suggest to dismount and remount them white Heat controllers are in Standby mode. After mounting make sure Heat controller is mounted correctly (even to valve). Then manual calibration will do the trick. I did that at home with Z-Wave ones and did not had any problem since.

Also check if valve control mechanism (where valve touches heat controler) is not damaged.

How to do standby and manual calibraiton is in 

Please login or register to see this link.

• Topic Author
  • Hi Jakub.jezek,

Really appreciate your response. 

I've factory reset the thermostat and than it worked (hooray)...... for like a couple of minutes. Same problem. 

Had a plumber come down, he checked everything and confirmed everything including the valve (pin) is working as it should. So that is ruled out. 

Tomorrow I'll give you suggestion a try and post result back here.