Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Smart Implant and Marantec comfort 220.2

FEY

Question

Hello, 

my garage door motor is a marantec comfort 220.2. I’m considering adding on it a smart implant. Did anyone do it before? Do you have wiring diagrams and photos? Any help, hint or guidance is welcome. 

Thanks. 

4 answers to this question

On 1/14/2020 at 10:19 AM, FEY said:

Hello, 

my garage door motor is a marantec comfort 220.2. I’m considering adding on it a smart implant. Did anyone do it before? Do you have wiring diagrams and photos? Any help, hint or guidance is welcome. 

Thanks. 

Hello,

I do have marantec 220 - actaully it's been pretty long time (2013), since I connected it to fibaro so I do not remember details - I can find the details/take pictures if you want, but the principle is quite easy:

I was not able to find anywhere in Marantec documentation, if Marantec is able to report whether the gate is closed, or open. Since this information is essential for any automation I decided to put a door sensor (of course z-wave fibaro door sensor) that reports status of the gate.

Every marantec device is having an option for hardware open/close push button - check the manual for specific wiring diagram. I simply connected this two contacts using standard fibaro switch (I thing it's FGS-211), set the switch-on timeout to 1 second (it is imitating pushing of the button - look at the configurable parameters) and the rest is fibaro programming. Of course you need to supply power for switch - it is the same source, as the Marantec..

I am sorry - I can not provide a smart implant example, but I assume, it would be possible to use the fibaro roller shutter and completely bypass the marantec's electronics - but in my case I can still use original marantec remotes (and my wife still does!) along with fibaro.

Good luck, if you need more details, just let me note - I integrated the sliding front gate (marantec as well) in the same manner.

Thanks

• Inquirer
  • Hello, 

Thanks for the feedback. This is how I have done it. 

I have connected to the Fibaro Smart impulse to the XB01 interface and I am able to send an impulse to open/stop/close. It is working fine. Nevertheless, I still do not know  if the Marantec has a port from which I can get the status of the door (Open, Close or stopped...).

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_04/image.png.4dd7177809e552e335ec9f216278028f.png" />

Please login or register to see this attachment.

So I have connected the Smart Implant IN1 to port 70 and 3 and the OUT1 to ports 1 and 2. In other terms, the smart implant is sending an impulse to Marantec the same way the remote control is: open/stop/close/stop/open/... 

I am wondering if we can get the status from the ports 70 and 71. If there is no way of getting the status from the Marantec,  i notice that the Smart implant would be an overkill and a simple fibaro switch + a door sensor will do the job (like what you have done). 

Cheers, 

Emmanuel

4 hours ago, FEY said:

Hello, 

Thanks for the feedback. This is how I have done it. 

I have connected to the Fibaro Smart impulse to the XB01 interface and I am able to send an impulse to open/stop/close. It is working fine. Nevertheless, I still do not know  if the Marantec has a port from which I can get the status of the door (Open, Close or stopped...).

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

So I have connected the Smart Implant IN1 to port 70 and 3 and the OUT1 to ports 1 and 2. In other terms, the smart implant is sending an impulse to Marantec the same way the remote control is: open/stop/close/stop/open/... 

I am wondering if we can get the status from the ports 70 and 71. If there is no way of getting the status from the Marantec,  i notice that the Smart implant would be an overkill and a simple fibaro switch + a door sensor will do the job (like what you have done). 

Cheers, 

Emmanuel

Emmanuel,

if you find how marantec (if marantec) reports the status, please let me know.

Thanks,

Martin

Attention!
    Terminals 70 and 71 serve to connect an optical barrier as a safety device.
    Connect the potential-free contact pulse to terminals 1 and 2 (out of the smart implant).
    Marantec offers a relay board expansion module that connects to the XB10 connector. The board has the number 152133.
    Attention! these relays signal the end position until reached. From my practice I can say that the best is to use a magnetic contact, as already described here.

MN