Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Haunted house

JanStrojil

Question

I ran into this issue recently - when I switch on/off the lights in the bathroom (Fibaro RGBW dimmer), the lights in the living room will also go on/off. Sometimes immediately, sometimes after couple (tens) of seconds. This does not happen when I control the lights via the mobile app or web. To make it more frustrating, sometimes the lights that "follow" the bathroom are lights in the bedroom. What is going on? How do I troubleshoot this? 

4 answers to this question

@JanStrojil,

Please check lua scene in topic below. Its just copy/paste. Also, please check if update for RGBW is needed. There is version 27.27 (i think), that has new parameter to disable associations from RGBW module.

• Inquirer
  • This does not seem to have helped. :(  I copied and pasted the lua code into a new scene and I ran it. The bathroom lights still control the living room (after about half a minute delay). Updating the RGBW controller firmware fails (Current version: 26.25, Available version: 27.27) with "Status: fail - device unable to receive data. try again." Anything else I could try?

• Inquirer
  • 23 minutes ago, JanStrojil said:

This does not seem to have helped. :( I copied and pasted the lua code into a new scene and I ran it. The bathroom lights still control the living room (after about half a minute delay). Updating the RGBW controller firmware fails (Current version: 26.25, Available version: 27.27) with "Status: fail - device unable to receive data. try again." Anything else I could try?

I take it back - the update still fails (maybe I'll get around to moving the HC2 closer to the RGBW controller), but the association seems to be finally gone, at least for now. Thanks for your help.

Edited by JanStrojil

I have a lot of RGBW modules so this kind of associations are quite often for me.

The easiest way to remove them is to turn off the power for all lights in my home. When the RGBWs starts again everything works fine... for a few weeks.

I tried to update to 27.27 but it fails all the time for most of the devices. Seems I need carry my HC2 all around my home and try again. It's going to be pain while there are around 20 devices to upgrade :/