Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HCL firmware upgrade from 4.56 to 4.57 fails on cecksum error

EdgarJellum

Question

My HCL is running version 4.56 of the firmware and on the configuration page it lists that version 4.57 is available.

I have tried several times to click the download button after creating a backup. The download finish without error and i continue to install the upgrade. But after a few seconds the ugrade is interupted on a checksum error. The HCL reboots and when it is up and running again the firmware is still 4.56.

Any idea on what can be the problem?

Regards

Edgar Jellum

4 answers to this question

Hi
Try to back up first.
Then turn HCL off and wait 15 minutes, then turn it back on.
Then try to upgrade again, but say no to backup.
Hope that helps. ?

Do you have a fully working internet connection? If there are small download errors because an internet connection with hiccups, then you might see problems like that.

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

my HCL is connected to the internet via a 4G modem. Recently I changed to a another 4G provider which have an antenna closer to the house. I have now full 4G signal strength which I did not have before.

I can download the 4.57 upgrade without any error messages (which was also the case with the previous 4G provider) and when I start the installation of the 4.57 upgrade  the checksum error no longer appear. The picture with the text "Updating ... Installation may take a few minutes. 4.57" On the HCL box the 5 lights start to blink, middle light, to two lights outside the middle and finally the two outer lights. This is repeated and I suppose that this means that an update i ongoing.

The problem now is that the picture with the text "Updating ... Installation may take a few minutes. 4.57"  stays there forever and the blinking does not stop. I have let it stay like this for at least one hour and nothing happens. Finally I powered the HCL unit off/on and the HCL starts up successfully with version 4.56. I have tried this several times also after power off and without enabling backup.

Since Jan 18th 2019 I have upgraded the HCL from 4.53->4.54, 4.54->4.55, 4.55->4.56 without any problems.

To me it seems to be a bug either with the upgrade functionality in my current 4.56 system or a bug in the new 4.57 version.

I have been thinking of reverting back to 4.55 since I did a backup before going to 4.56.  (I have also done a backup with the 4.56 version). Then I want to try to upgrade from 4.55 to 4.57 to see if this work since 4.55->4.56 went fine. There are two options for going back to 4.55, "Restore & Convert" and "Restore with version" and I am not sure what button to use.

By the way, there are no messages in the Notification Center of the HCL unit that says anything about problems doing the 4.57 upgrade.

Regards Edgar

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

today version 4.58 of the HCL was released. I tried to upgrade from 4.56 to 4.58, but I experienced the same problem has I described in my last post with 4.56->4.57.

Had anyone heard about a bug in the upgrade functionality of HCL version 4.56?

Regards Edgar