Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Home Center 2 unresponsive activity light lit

darkultra

Question

About twice a week, the unit becomes unresponsive and the activity light is solid a few seconds after I use a device like a switch. I have to turn the device off and on again to make it work again. I have tried two firmware versions (the current 4.570 and the previous) but same problem. I have tried connecting the HC2 to a grounded outlet but that didn't help.

Here is a short video of the problem:

13 answers to this question

Yay!!!! Yay!!!!

FIBARO PLEASE!!! It’s not an accident! Please fix it!

2 hours ago, darkultra said:

About twice a week, the unit becomes unresponsive and the activity light is solid a few seconds after I use a device like a switch. I have to turn the device off and on again to make it work again. I have tried two firmware versions (the current 4.570 and the previous) but same problem. I have tried connecting the HC2 to a grounded outlet but that didn't help.

Here is a short video of the problem:

This is exactly the reason i sold both my hc2.

And if a mircale happens maybe i am going to try the hc3

3 hours ago, darkultra said:

About twice a week, the unit becomes unresponsive and the activity light is solid a few seconds after I use a device like a switch. I have to turn the device off and on again to make it work again.

Looks like nodon, hmm, try to exclude it, do factory reset on it (both bottom switches together, till it starts to blink with colors) and include it again (as z-wave device, not controller, not secured, not NWI). Once included, let it for a week or so to see is it does create same problem when no scenes nor associations has been added to it. 

What kind of switch you're using?

Usually the problem is not HC2, but the device "bombarding" Z-wave. (Wrong parameter or association configuration)

When you don't use this switch is your system runs well?

Let's try something interesting.

Download Z-wave monitor and start it. After few minutes press this switch (according to your video HC2 back to normal at least for the first time).

Now you can see on Z-wave monitor Zwave activity of this switch. See if it overloaded...

@cag014 What switch? Where switch?! What zwave monitors?! 
The topic starter said what HC2 HALTED and he use HC2 like a switch - turn OFF / ON on the back side button 

@10der

Did you see the video? 

There is some remote switch that by pressing button the Z-wave LED on HC2 is ON for a few seconds and after while the unit becomes unresponsive...

"About twice a week, the unit becomes unresponsive and the activity light is solid a few seconds "

At least that what I understood.

By the way what it means to use HC2 like a switch? switch for what?

On 1/18/2020 at 1:08 PM, darkultra said:

I do not have your problem with the latest update to the Homecenter. However, I did see a similar problem with older versions. To handle that, I wrote a small lua script that restart the Homecenter every sunday. That has kept the problem away. If you want, I can show you the lua-script.

41 minutes ago, Thomasn said:

If you want, I can show you the lua-script.

#reboot 

;) thank you. I know 3 ways how to reboot HC2. With LUA / no LUA  /with hardware ;) 

45 minutes ago, 10der said:

#reboot 

;) thank you. I know 3 ways how to reboot HC2. With LUA / no LUA  /with hardware ;) 

I know. The message was not for you :-)

Guys, reboot doesn't solve the problem

18 minutes ago, cag014 said:

Guys, reboot doesn't solve the problem

Yes, @Bodyartstrong recommend me use sledgehammer

An update! (I'm darkultra, had problems with Fibaro ID things)

I have an Asus RT-AC88U router right beneath my HC2, and when I disabled the 5GHz band the HC2 has been stable for a little more than a month. Strange.