Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FGD-212) new user questions

Deivydas

Question

Hello,

I'm the new user who is trying to make the new house smart. At this moment we are building our lights at our house and I have bought Zipato Zipatille 2 controller and a lot of Fibaro Dimmer 2 for lights switches and at this moment I have a lot of question, because it's doesn't work like I guess :)

1. If I'm using LED panels, can I use it without Dimmer function? Does dimmer function is required to use for your lights or not?
  2.  Can I add Fibaro Dimmer 2 module to light boxes and connected wires, but don't connect to controller. Will it work with a standart light switches? (My house is new, so I'm planning to add these modules and light switches, and when Fibaro Home System 3 release I'll connect to it).
  3. I have said that I have Zipatile 2 controller (piece of *abuse*, I'll wait until Fibaro System 3 will be released.), so when I connect Fibaro Dimmer to the controller, my lights turn on, then turn off (calibration process), but when everything is done, I can't control my lights with light switches. If I turn it On, i can't turn it off, i should turn it off via controller. The main problem is, that I can't controll my lights without controller with a standart light switch. I'm using single light swtich - 506u-2_1512565524.png 

Press "UP", lights should be ON, press "DOWN", lights should be OFF.

--

Additional questions about Fibaro BRAND.

- Anybody know when Fibaro Home System 3 will be release?

- Anybody know when Fibaro Home System 2 was released?

- Can Fibaro Home System 2 work without internet? Just inside local house network

- How about Fibaro crashes, then have it, or it works like a charm? 

--

Thanks guys for a help. I'm new, but I would like to choose good product.

10 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Deivydas said:

Additional questions about Fibaro BRAND.

- Anybody know when Fibaro Home System 3 will be release?  In few months

- Anybody know when Fibaro Home System 2 was released? Decade ago

- Can Fibaro Home System 2 work without internet? Just inside local house network  Yes, it works

- How about Fibaro crashes, then have it, or it works like a charm?   there are crashes, but most of them due to devices configuration. HC2 itself crashes very rarely

Regarding Fibaro dimmers, it connected to standard light switches and can turn lights on/off. and dim the lights.

But w/o controller you're unable to configure the device exactly to your needs.

• Inquirer
  • I got an controller but different brand (Zipato). I have try to configure the dimmer, but it doesnt work like I need.

Tommorow I can provide more details and problems which I got when trying to make it work, maybe you will be able to help me :)

--

I have made preorder of HC3 at the moment :D

OK... no problem

• Inquirer
  • I have connected everything by a scheme which I found inside Fibaro Dimmer 2 box and have connected the module to controller. Managment inside controller I have, but with a light switches I have no managment.

How it works at the moment: 

Please login or register to see this link.

--

What settings should I modified? To force it work light a normal lights switch :D

See below how to configure correctly  manual switch (by the way what type of switch you're using?)

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

• Inquirer
  • I have solved this issue. Problem was inside my controller.

I have 3 additional questions:

1. If I have 1 big room with 2 switches (I can control lights in diferent room places) how much dimmers shoul I have: 1 or 2?

2. How should I connect thesse wire for 1 light but 2 switches

3. All data which Ihave changed in my controller for Fibaro Dimmer 2 is stored inside Fibaro dimmer 2 or inside the controller

If it store inside fibaro dimmer, so if controller is offline, my lights will be working or not?

Thanks

Edited by Deivydas

1 hour ago, Deivydas said:

1. If I have 1 big room with 2 switches (I can control lights in diferent room places) how much dimmers shoul I have: 1 or 2?

I don't know how many lights you have or how they are wired, but one dimmer can control few bulbs.

1 hour ago, Deivydas said:

2. How should I connect thesse wire for 1 light but 2 switches

See below how to connect switches

3. All data which Ihave changed in my controller for Fibaro Dimmer 2 is stored inside Fibaro dimmer 2 or inside the controller

If it store inside fibaro dimmer, so if controller is offline, my lights will be working or not?

The data stored inside dimmer and it does work w/o controller.

For more info please visit

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by cag014

• Inquirer
  • 3 hours ago, cag014 said:

I don't know how many lights you have or how they are wired, but one dimmer can control few bulbs.

See below how to connect switches

Everything much more better that I think :)

If I would like to change controller from Zipato to Fibaro Home Center 3 (it will be released soon), I shoud trigger the dimmers again? O can just transfear all data

54 minutes ago, Deivydas said:

If I would like to change controller from Zipato to Fibaro Home Center 3 (it will be released soon), I shoud trigger the dimmers again? O can just transfear all data

You'll need to include the dimmer into HC3. All dimmer's data will be the same and dimmer's configuration will be transferred to Hc3 during inclusion.

• Inquirer
  • Thank you very much! I feel much more happy after all struggles which I have