Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Update to latest version/unable to get recovery mode - SOLVED

Ron-BG

Question

Have just selected update to latest version of firmare as offered by the HCL Interface cannot remember the version and all I have now is an interface that doesnt work and shows no data , links or even version number

I have tried reset power off then on while pressing the reset button but this does not work ,

There was also something strange about the + button as it was staying IN

I had a look and there is no switch behind it only a switch for the power control

IS there a way I can get the system back , I have a backup on the box but the box does not function and all links are index.html when you hover over them

Have tried pressing power button when switching back on and the gives me the led pattern of the lights going on at the two outside and on toward the centre

The lights on the fibaro home center lite just keep flashing in order. (X = lights on) 

X O O O X

O X O X O

O O X O O

O X O X O

X O O O X

I pasted this pattern from another post as I have the same and get this loop

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Ron-BG

11 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • is there linux access to copy a working backup to the live location on the box

Have you cleared cached data in your browser?

Tried another browser like Iexplorer, Firefox , Chrome?

• Inquirer
  • yes done that edge and firefox - it knows if the password is correct but apart from that there is no data or functionality

Is there a URL that would access the recovery screen?

Edited by Ron-BG

• Inquirer
  • UPDATE

When I go to login the version at the bottom says  4.170

But after logging in there is no information displayed

This morning the scenes atarted to activate devices but from the times they come on / off it looks like the time is incorrect on the HCL

I can type in a URL like config and this is a a screenshot

Edited by Ron-BG

• Inquirer
  • No answer to my email to support ,m very dissapointing after buying two of these for two buildings at a total cost of 1500 euro including the devices

If there is little or no support for these maybe it would have been helpful to give customers a fighting chance like to have a switch behind the supposed reset button , mine has nothing on the circuit board behind the + button so no way of resetting as far as I know

Or some form of linux access / usb access to sort the UPDATE MESS out

Edited by Ron-BG

• Inquirer
  • The a href for all the options on the menu is

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this code.

• Inquirer
  • I thought I would share the resolution of this problem in case anyone else has the same problem.

The main problem I had was that during an update from 4.05x  to 4.170  the system somehow corrupted and I was unable to get any data or menus when logging in , but the HCL Box was still triggering scenses but at the wrong times , so I assumed ( I did not have time on display) that the time was wrong.

The problem that compounded my situation was that there was no  ' switch mechanism ' on the circuit board , behind the reset button , just four contacts.

Because of this I could not trigger 'recovery mode '

With a bit oif research I worked out which contacts had to be connected  ( see attached image ) and made a 4 pin block that would connect pin 1 to pin 4 and pin 2 to pin 3 when powering up.

This worked and upon power up the leds went from ' outside to in ' , pretty much immediately , so I removed the contact block.

I checked my HCL in the browser and recovery mode had been triggered.

I had downloaded 4.170 patch.tar.gz  and selected the local file option , this seemed to work and updated the system to 4.170 and I then was presented with a 'configure option to update the admin password to an email and also update the firmware.

I could not get the  'add button ' to work for the email and this turned out to be that the date on the HCL was 1911

I set the date and the new login was accepted and then the system downloaded and installed version 4.50

It took quite a while so patience is needed.

Then it asked me to update again to version 4.570 which I did , and this brought me up to date.

Hope this helps anyone with same problem as I have seen a few posts about not being able to trigger recovery mode

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_01/1571307930_resetbuttonHCL.png.942eb6fe68ccbad426504f54208ae55d.png" />

Edited by Ron-BG
    missing information

Hello

As you see in

Please login or register to see this link.

I have almost a similar problem, but my HCL never appears on the network. On my HCL I cannot find the reset button pins you refer to. Is my HCL different than yours maybe?

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • You have the switch mechanism behind the reset button on yours so you can do a reset without having to do what I did

Looks like you have a different problem to mine , my main problem was no reset mechanism ( on the circuit board ) behind the reset button , mto trigger recovery mode

• Like 1

I had the same problem - reset button not working. I opened the unit up and found two parts of the button (the shiny metal part and the black plastic plunger) rattling round in the plastic housing. There was still a small raised gold-coloured dome remaining on the PCB where the switch had been. Pressing the middle of this with a pencil point gave a 'click' and made the connection to start a reset.

On 1/31/2020 at 12:36 PM, Ron-BG said:

I had downloaded 4.170 patch.tar.gz  and selected the local file option , this seemed to work and updated the system to 4.170 and I then was presented with a 'configure option to update the admin password to an email and also update the firmware.

I could not get the  'add button ' to work for the email and this turned out to be that the date on the HCL was 1911

Thanks for this - it saved me from tearing my hair out.  Just got one that has been in storage a while and it seems that 4.170 doesn't actually update its date and time automatically in any useful manor.  As a result mine was set to 2005!  Unfortunately this breaks firmware updating, updating the user, all sorts of stuff.  This is really poor coding, it should say what the problem is!