Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Keyfob: new battery not seen by HC2

svossepoel

Question

Hi,

I replaced the battery of my 2 Keyfobs, after successful daily use for more han a year. However, the HC2 doesn't register the replacement of the new batteries. Wake up doesn't help. Soft reconfiguration neither. What should I do next?

Regards, Sjaak

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

Did you see any light when pressing keyFob's buttons. I mean do you sure batteries are placed correctly.

In my case have struggled to make sure that the batteries connected properly.

All above related to Fibaro keyFob

In my case when I replaced battery, the HC2 kept on reporting low battery (after wakeup several times) but on the keyfob the battery level indication was "green" = full. After a few days HC2 also reported battery OK. Fine.

A few days later the keyfob itself reported "violet" warning after each command. HC2 reported low battery again... I removed the new battery, then inserted again several times, but nothing changed. Then I put back in the old battery, because I forgot to throw it away, and HC2 immediately reported normal battery level - also the "violet" warning dissapeared on the keyfob. Strange... Now I'm using it with the old battery... ?

• Inquirer
  • Guys,

Thanks for your responses. I did replace the battery correctly. The device works properly. It is just that the HC2 didn't recognize that the battery has been replaced. So I continued to receive low battery warnings. I did wakeup the key fob, I even did a soft reconfiguration, waited for a number of days, but nothings helped.

Eventually I removed the device, added it again and now the HC2 reports a full battery. But obviously, the configuration was gone, so all needed to be re-worked. But it is solved.........

• Like 1

Same problem still exists. Changing new battery, waking up, soft reconfiguration nothing works. I inserted Camelion 3V CR2450. Measured new battery with multi-meter shows 3,25V while old one is at 2,98V.

Must be some firmware bu...it that Fibaro never take care of ;-)

Luckily I disabled battery notifications by Fibaro and I use my UHAS ABC (Advanced Battery Check) VD so will temporarily disable low battery reporting until I get brand new batteries. :-P

• Like 1

I just had the battle of replacing my keyfob battery, battle as in trying to open and close the cover.

On my HC3 It reported full right away.

I do have this problem with 2 door window sensor 2's that are far from the HC3 thou

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jimicr said:

I just had the battle of replacing my keyfob battery, battle as in trying to open and close the cover.

Yeah, on one keyFob I removed rubber O-ring and on another it broke after having difficulties with opening.  It is good idea to lubricate a bit that rubber o-ring to avoid this problems.

10 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

Yeah, on one keyFob I removed rubber O-ring and on another it broke after having difficulties with opening.  It is good idea to lubricate a bit that rubber o-ring to avoid this problems.

The ring has been gone for ages in mine, the coin slot is very worn from only 3 replacements.

The design of the keyfob is very nice and holds nice in your hand, but it's not practical to replace the battery.

Hi all,

after playing with my two keFob only what helps them to recognize new battery and to properly report battery level is following procedure:

After inserting new battery first reset keyFob following this procedure:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Even it is not suggested way to do it, if you disconnect keyFob from HC then you can't reset it and inclusion will still give empty battery report.

Wait until keyFob is removed from HC after resetting it. This will not take long.

After keyFob is removed from HC, start learning mode and press any key on the keyFob three times to include it again. It will be now with full battery (if you really inserted new battery :-)).

Last what you will need to do is correct your code to work with included keyFob since this procedure changes its ID number.

I was really hoping that Fibaro will issue firmware update to address this problem, but hoping is all that we have ;-)

Thank you!

• Like 1