Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Keypad, RFID device to arm disarm control HC2 alarm system

johndeere

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm sure many of you use your HC2 as an alarm system. I'm looking for a physical keypad and/or FRID device which is compatible and works with HC2 without any problems for access control.

Please be so kind and let me know if you know about anything like this.

Or else, please let me know how do you control your alarm, apart from smartphone apps and keyfob.

I'm desperately looking for a working , tested solution on hardware and scenes.

Any suggestions, ideas much appreciated!

Thanks!

11 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • 4 hours ago, jakub.jezek said:

@johndeere, we recommend RFID keypad with relay and use Smart Implant. Relay connects to Smart Implant Input. 

Thanks for the recommendation. So, there is no Z-Wave device for this task...?

Can you make this way an access control system with 1 smart implant and 2 RFID keypads (house with 2 entrances) which can both handle arm/disarm? E.g. I arm the house with RFID No.1, then I disarm with RFID No.2.

1 hour ago, johndeere said:

So, there is no Z-Wave device for this task...?

Experience told me, there is not reliable enough. ZIPATO and its derivates (Devolo and others) take eternity to add pin and rfid (you loose patience very quicly) and syn hronization works only in direct communication with HC. POPP does not have RFID.

1 hour ago, johndeere said:

Can you make this way an access control system with 1 smart implant and 2 RFID keypads (house with 2 entrances) which can both handle arm/disarm? E.g. I arm the house with RFID No.1, then I disarm with RFID No.2.

You physically connect relay output to Smart Implant INPUT. Its easy and i would say reliable enough.

So basically scenes are like this:

• if Smart Implant INPUT 1 breached and motion sensor x (random sensor) is not Armed, then arm alarm system.
    • if Smart Implant INPUT 1 breached and motion sensor x (random sensor) is Armed, then disarm alarm system.
    • Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, jakub.jezek said:

Experience told me, there is not reliable enough. ZIPATO and its derivates (Devolo and others) take eternity to add pin and rfid (you loose patience very quicly) and syn hronization works only in direct communication with HC. POPP does not have RFID.

I have 2 RFID keypads from Zipato, I experienced the pain with adding RFID tags, you are right!

I could not manage to make this 2 entrance access control, since HC2 cannot change Zipato keypad status... So I had a very long and hard time with patience, but now I'm fed up, lost my patience. Nobody uses these keypads to help me and I lost my faith in this smart Z-wave compatibility marketing sh*t...

1 hour ago, jakub.jezek said:

You physically connect relay output to Smart Implant INPUT. Its easy and i would say reliable enough.

This sounds straighforward. What type or brand of keypads have you tested? What settings do you use on the relay: NO/NC stays open or closed, or only as an impulse for e.g. 1 sec?

1 hour ago, jakub.jezek said:

So basically scenes are like this:

• if Smart Implant INPUT 1 breached and motion sensor x (random sensor) is not Armed, then arm alarm system.
    • if Smart Implant INPUT 1 breached and motion sensor x (random sensor) is Armed, then disarm alarm system.

Thank you, I understand. How do you arm or disarm the whole system? LUA or block scenes?

15 hours ago, johndeere said:

smart Z-wave compatibility marketing sh*t

Avoid Zipato and you will be ok ?. Also i encourage you to check this forum if you like some devices. Compatibility with some devices is mentioned there and what works and what does not.

What type or brand of keypads have you tested

I have tested some wired keypad and some wireless one, that has RF receiver with relay output, but i do not know the brand, sorry.

What settings do you use on the relay: NO/NC stays open or closed, or only as an impulse for e.g. 1 sec?

I'm using NC. Its habit from Universal sensor (smart implant predecessor) as NC was default there. And i have used 5 seconds pulse as universal sensor had problem with puls being less than 5 seconds. So i am on the safe side.

Thank you, I understand. How do you arm or disarm the whole system? LUA or block scenes?

It really depends on demand and if you want some other actions to happen. But i go with blocks as default, since I'm using it in real estate projects with HCLs.

• Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for the detailed reply!

How do you do arming by block scene: each sensor one after the other, or by rooms, each room after the other?

@johndeere, it's room by room.

Maybe check HC3, when it comes out. Alarm and block scenes there are much better to work with it.

• Inquirer
  • 6 hours ago, jakub.jezek said:

@johndeere, it's room by room.

Maybe check HC3, when it comes out. Alarm and block scenes there are much better to work with it.

I might only think of HC3 if Fibaro will exchange my HC2 to HC3 :)

If I arm by rooms, then I have to edit each scene (remove room, save, add room again, save) whenever I add a sensor to the room (or delete and re-add sensor).

I thought if I arm by room, then HC2 will handle each newly added sensor to the room as well, but it doesn't...

If I arm by sensor, then I don't see the end of the list in that small window, therefore I cannot add some sensors. I have to save the scene, reopen for edit, and then I can scroll down to the list... It sucks anyway... I will ask about this issue in another topic.

30 minutes ago, johndeere said:

If I arm by rooms, then I have to edit each scene (remove room, save, add room again, save) whenever I add a sensor to the room (or delete and re-add sensor).

I thought if I arm by room, then HC2 will handle each newly added sensor to the room as well, but it doesn't...

Unfortunatelly that is true, that HC2 does not overwrites Lua output if new device is added into Room. But i do not think, that gets done anytime soon.

32 minutes ago, johndeere said:

If I arm by sensor, then I don't see the end of the list in that small window, therefore I cannot add some sensors.

Maybe go with "More devices" instead of going one by one. Its pretty easy to add/remove sensors this way.

• Inquirer
  • On 1/30/2020 at 1:00 PM, jakub.jezek said:

Unfortunatelly that is true, that HC2 does not overwrites Lua output if new device is added into Room. But i do not think, that gets done anytime soon.

Maybe go with "More devices" instead of going one by one. Its pretty easy to add/remove sensors this way.

Yes, as you said, I usually go with "More devices", but that part is buggy on my system. When I add the second type of sensor (e.g. motion sensor after door sensor), then I cannot scroll down in the device list window, there is no slider and the bottom of the window is unfinished, so I have to save the scene, and then continue with adding the second line of blocks...

• Inquirer
  • Has anyone heard of this new Leedarson keypad?

Does anyone know anything about it?

Please login or register to see this link.