Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Integrating Rollerhouse AM15RF Rechargable blind motor

AutoFrank

I finally got around to adding some blinds to my HA setup

I didn't want to have to run 220v or 12V wires to the blind location and I couldn't find a zwave or zigbee rechargable roller blind motor.

I went for the following rechargable RF roller blind motor from Rollerhouse

Please login or register to see this link.

Apparently it is 6 months battery life with 1 up/down per day, but time will tell.  There is also a solar recharge option but I may decide to DIY that myself at some future date

Very easy to fit to the blind and setup the limit points, some pictures here for reference

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_01/blinds.PNG.0051de3bd2d7010b9a9e4215a296d80d.PNG" />

In order to integrate with my HC2, I used the Sonoff RF bridge to send RF commands to the blind.

The bridge is flashed with Tasmota (for easier control) and the RF Chip in the bridge is upgraded to a new fw provided by Portisch (both on git)

The Portisch RF chip upgrade allow the RF Bridge to capture the RF commands and I used bitbucket (online tool) to  convert them from a received RF command to a  command I can get the bridge to transmit.

The bridge has a limited range but even if you had to install one bridge per 2 adjacent rooms, it woudl be cheap enough 

It takes a little trial and error to find the right RF command and I documented the process here - 

including the final commands that worked for me

The result is a VD in my HC2 that I can control the blinds from

image.png.87928f50f688d7382e7a58fe4dbd28b8.png

I still need to find a way to track position of the blind (up or down) but that's a future project

I've ordered a few more of these motors to automate some other rooms

_af

• Like 3

Nice! I have just ordered a Qubino z-wave 12-24V module for a blind-motor i ordered ad Banggood.com. Very much hoping it will arrive soon, so I can make something like yours

and