Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Roller Shutter 3 - Set slat angle

Aquadukt

Question

I'm working with IP-Symcon and Raspberry Pi as controler for my Z-Wave devices for controling my venetian blinds.

Problem is, that I can not find a solution for controling position of the slats (slat angle). Only available command seems "intensity" which effects to the whole position of venetian blinds. If position is reached, the slats are turned back to the last angle position. Is it possible to send an command to controler which only effects to the slats angle without changing the intensity?

2 answers to this question

if other Gateways are capable of this, it might be z-wave implementaion on IP-Symcon. Anyway, did you played already with Parameter 152 and 153? 0 fot 152 should stop slat change at the end of Position, later you can change the angle just by sending star for 0.5 sec and stop, position direction does change the angle then.

• Inquirer
  • Yes, I already test this kind of solution. Theoretically it works. But I often get the problem that the communication via Z-Wave from Gateway to Roller Shutter fails or seems to slow. Then the stop command comes not to the required time and angle set fails. So, like I already mentioned it seems to be an theoretically solution but not for real applications.

For a professional and stable control the angle control must be done directly by Roller Shutter. The device is the only part of system which always knows the actual position/angle and can provide a stable controling. There should be an own parameter for this which can set the angle between -90° and +90° or may 0-100%. Optional a value which gives the actual angle back. With my understanding this would be an easy feature which gives much more power to the Roller Shutter and of course the whole system.

Would it be possible to request this function as improvement for next FW versions?

Edited by Aquadukt
    • Like 1