Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

CMOS Battery

garymq

Question

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a CMOS battery that i can purchase in the UK. 

My HC2 flashes all the blue lights on the front from right to left on power on many times then goes blank, although the Ethernet light is green. 

I think it could be a CMOS battery issue.

Thanks for any help

Gary

3 answers to this question

Hi, it's just normal CR2032 battery wrapped in plastic. If you know how to use a soldering iron just order CR2032 and you're good to go! If you don't have soldering iron , there's CR2032 CMOS batteries wrapped in plastic available online. Just make sure take a closer look at the connector as there's 2 different types. Good luck!

Edited by jonux

On 4/27/2020 at 6:58 AM, jonux said:

Hi, it's just normal CR2032 battery wrapped in plastic. If you know how to use a soldering iron just order CR2032 and you're good to go! If you don't have soldering iron , there's CR2032 CMOS batteries wrapped in plastic available online. Just make sure take a closer look at the connector as there's 2 different types. Good luck!

@jonux do you know which type the COMS battery is A,B or C?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

On 4/27/2020 at 6:58 PM, jonux said:

Yes, mine is also CR2032. Unfortunately my connector become brittle and broke while in the dismantling process.  Got to use soldering method. 

It works after a few reset. Not sure why.