Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC2 is giving 503 periodically

abpostelnicu

Question

Hello,

Every couple of days HC2 is giving 503 message and I need to manually restart it. I'm attaching a picture to better illustrate the situation.

Also the service status seems to be self explicatory:

Please login or register to see this code.

HCServer is not running and any api calls that I make, even the reboot ones have no effect.

I would appreciate very much any advise that you might have, I must also mention that I'm running the latest stable firmware but this behaviour was also happening with previous firmwares.  

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by abpostelnicu

6 answers to this question

Yes I have the same problem. It works for a wile and than suddenly it just dont  communicate any more.

I have only seen thin in update 4.570

I only have this when I did changes in Lua scenes. Most of the time a couple hours later it crashes when I start a scene. When I reboot after coding scenes I didn’t get the problem.

i think the engine hangs itself. It’s anoying, because restart services doesn’t work. I have to press the button on the device to nicely turn it off (wait a few seconds) and turn it on again.

Did anyone ever get anywhere with this?

I'm still getting the same problem periodically for no reason.

HCServer stops running and web browser responds with 503 (as above).

Please login or register to see this code.

Clicking restart services does NOT work.

I have to manually power down and start it again.

How can we troubleshoot this?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I had the same problem. Sometimes error 503 disappeared for 4 weeks, sometimes I had it 2 times a day. 

Eventually I mailed Fibaro support and they did a db cleanup (don’t know what it is exactly) and old files cleanup. Since then it didn’t occurred anymore.

Maybe it was a corrupted old (non visible) scène? I don’t know. I asked support but didn’t get an answer on that question. I asked how I could prevent this from happening in the future and the answer was: reboot the HC2 from time to time...

But support did something good, because since May the problem is gone and the system runs very smooth.

In some cases it's caused by a DoS...I had a door/window sensor that went mad and caused hundreds of notifications (seemed like a endless loop) right before my HC2 (4.600) was frozen with the 503