Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

RGBW 2 - Unable to add program

Fibber

Question

In the RGBW 2 setting, there is no option to add your own program (photo). I have HC Lite. Where's the mistake? I have 4.570 SW.

In the setting there is space for 5 own scenes (photo).

Thank you

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Fibber

Actually - I am looking into the same problem - in current version of SW in HC2 adding custom sequences is hidden from UI. I was able to find missing parts of UI when I manually checked elements on the page - all are hidden. It should look like this:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_02/image.png.5ea801c3966bb02e20affe0423c72cf5.png" />

So far I did not found a way how to display this... on the page...

i did answered that quetsion already, you can add programs via rgbw module and favourite color via rgbw2 module - they both then available for both device type, yes this is a bug.

Answer from Fibaro :

Tomasz Kanigowski 11 Feb 20

Hello,

Unfortunately due to z-wave 500 chip certification there is no possibility to add other programs than the ones already put by the producer.

I am sorry for inconvenience.

• Inquirer
  • On 2/11/2020 at 4:09 PM, TheRevolutioner said:

Answer from Fibaro :

Tomasz Kanigowski 11 Feb 20

Hello,

Unfortunately due to z-wave 500 chip certification there is no possibility to add other programs than the ones already put by the producer.

I am sorry for inconvenience.

Fibaro replied that maybe in the new SW version it would fix it.

But like write sorry, and that it does not work, what the hell is it?!?

11 hours ago, Fibber said:

But like write sorry, and that it does not work, what the hell is it?!?

I'll investigate.

• Thanks 1

Hello all,

any news about this? I got my first RGBW2 and run into some incompatibilities. The module is mixed with some older RGBW1s so I'm able to get in the program editor for customer colour programs. They are diplayed in each module and I can click them but only the build in programs are starting and working well, the self created not. The older RGBW1s are working as expected.
    I'm a little bit surprised that this functionality is missing at the newer modules. ?

BTW: I'm on 4.590 and did a reconfiguration before.

Did anyone ever find a solution to this?

I am trying to setup Christmas lights with my RGBW2, but it doesn't feel straight forward as to how I would do this.

Hi! Recent Fibaro user over here, hope you’re doing well. 

as the rest of the people on this thread, I am having issues adding/modifying programs on my recently bought RGBW2 with my HC3 (just updated, btw). I want to change some of those and also try to innovate with new ones like, for example turn on in blue half of the strip and turn on in red the rest of it. Or varying the colours depending on the strip length. I am lretty sure the controller can do this, but I am not sure how. 

Hm, Hi again. As said before, I am a newbie here but I found a way to "introduce" new programs within RGBW2, but I am not able to execute them at all and it's already too late :)

The way I found it was to clikc on "Swagger" in HC, then I've looked for "RGBProgams" (up in the right) and there you are. I have already created a new program and it appears it my HC, but I still cannot play it.

On 4/14/2021 at 2:37 PM, sirnef said:

This post was written in February 2020.....

yes it was and the device was announced in something like Q3 2019... it will be Q3 2020 soon.

you might want to read this post to see what else isn't working or has changed from the RGBW1 in a way that I didn't want to see i.e. a step backwards

Come on Fibaro, it would be great if we could have a resolve for this. It's been ages, and its obviously a feature that people want reinstating. We had it in earlier firmwares, and then it was taken away from us.....

It would even be acceptable if in the module firmware updates, you added a couple of "Christmas" or alternative programs...

On 11/17/2021 at 8:04 AM, Jamie_Kirk said:

Come on Fibaro, it would be great if we could have a resolve for this. It's been ages, and its obviously a feature that people want reinstating. We had it in earlier firmwares, and then it was taken away from us.....

It would even be acceptable if in the module firmware updates, you added a couple of "Christmas" or alternative programs...

Dreaming of a Christmas present from Fibaro... hehehe!

I'm with you btw!