Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Can only control one Fibaro installation with Google Home

vidarsolli

Question

I have two Fibaro installations (HC Lite 4.570) and I am planning a third. In all houses I have installed Google Home. Integrating the first Google Home with Fibaro went well and I am able to control switches via Google Home. Then I went to the other house and set up the Fibaro system. The same Fibro ID is set up to control both. I initially had the same log-in credentials on both systems. When trying to integrate the Fibaro installation in Google Home, only the devices from the first Fibaro installation were available. Any one having an idea on how to solve this, how to control several Fibaro installations with Google Home? Is it a bug at the Fibaro side?

4 answers to this question

You can switch between systems, it's in the FAQ, #14. 

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this link.

Yes, you must ask Google Assistant to change the controlled Home Center.

You: “Ok/Hey Google, talk to/speak to/I want speak to /ask FIBARO.”
Google: “Start controlling Your home.”
You: “List home center devices.”
Google: “[x] home center devices found. Please choose the number from the list.

1. You: “Ok/Hey Google, talk to/speak to/I want speak to /ask FIBARO.”
    Google: “Start controlling Your home.”
    You: “Set home center device to the number [x].”
    Google: “Home Center selected. How else can I help you?”

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for the answer, but it is when adding already configured devices in the Google Home app I am missing devices. Please see the enclosed PDF.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

So you added new devices to your existing HCL, which already had a connection with Google Home, am I right? 

In case yes, please try to disconnect the Google / FIBARO service and connect it again. Most of the cases this will help. 

• Inquirer
  • I have reconnected Google Home and Fibaro several times. It is, as you say, necessary in order to discover new devices. This is not the problem. The problem is that I have two Fibaro installations and I can only see the devices on one of them, not from both. This is challenging since I have several Google Home installations with the same Google account and it is only possible to add one Fibaro connection (one Fibaro ID). It looks as Google Home is unable to handle more than one Fibaro installations, or that Fibaro do not present all installation associated with the Fibao ID?