Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Garage door - Relay Switch

supersonic

I want to control my garage door using Z-wave. I’m thinking about a Relay Switch combined with a Door/Window sensor.

I have two wires coming from my garage door opener today. I guess I need a power supply for the Relay Switch. What kind of specification do I need for this? I have a standard wall outlet nearby which I can plug into. 

You can also use a Smart Implant, there is a wiring diagram on the manuals page. 

To power the smart implant you will need a power supply 9-30V. 

Please login or register to see this link.

Hi @supersonic ,

There is a search field on upper right corner of the forum page. All you need to do is when you are at the forum home page to enter word "garage" and hit the search icon or just press Enter key on your keyboard. Is is really that hard to do that?

Here is one of the possible threads to read:

BTW I found my post with forum search :-)

• Topic Author
  • On 2/10/2020 at 8:34 AM, pnutp0wer said:

You can also use a Smart Implant, there is a wiring diagram on the manuals page. 

To power the smart implant you will need a power supply 9-30V. 

Please login or register to see this link.

Thanks, that's a good idea. I see that this sensor is more accessible also, I haven't seen the Relay Switch in any stores nearby. What I haven't found regarding the Smart Implant, is there a max. wire size for the power supply? Can I use 1.5 mm2? 

And is the “repeater” function better on the Relay Switch, or are they the same? I have another component nearby which I hope will have improved signal strength once I install this.

Edited by supersonic