Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Single switch 2 with two way wall switch

janilemy

Question

I have single switch 2 module and two way wall switches configured as it is shown on the image. The unknown area is where the lights are (in one case I have 2 lights and in one case 6 staircase lights - but this is not relavant). I stated "unknow area" because I am not the one who were wiring this lights (electritions did) so I am not sure how the wires go to and from the lights to the wall switch... I can only open the wall switches and they are wired as you can see on the attachment. 

So my question is if this is enought information to put the single switch 2 and it will work or I need some wires from or to the light also ...

I have tryed to wire it like it is mentioned in instructions:

- Put blue wire in N

- Identify the Live wire with voltage tester (in my case the black wire was always on - so it is Live)

- I have put the black wire then in L on switch 

- And other wire - brown to Q

- L and S1 to wall switch

And this wiring has worked for me and I can manipulate with it - but I have one problem with second wall switch... It has to be always turned on, so my circle is working... If I turn of the Switch 2 (wall switch) the circuit was breaken I guess because it stoped working.

So my question is if I can manage to fix this thing with the data that I have, or how can I proceed? have I done something wrong?

I can say that I have also try to connect the Single switch 2 modul to second switch, but in this case I can't use the switch for turn on/off the lights... I don't have any more ideas for how to fix this.

Should the single switch 2 modul always be in specific wall switch, or is it always possible to put it in one or the other wall switch?

Thank you for your help!!!

Kind regards

Jani

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by janilemy

1 answer to this question

Hi @janilemy,

So if I understand you correctly, and if not please excuse and correct me.

You have 2 wall switches that switches 2 or more lights.

If this the situation look into the following.

I would reconnect everything as it was, open up the accespoint to the lights.

There should by a wire comming from one of the switches, and a wire going to the next light(s).

If you find this light point you could insert the switch into the light point. or find the switch wire this wire is comming from. to install it in the switching box.