Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC3 QuickApps coding - tips and tricks

jgab

• Topic Author
  • 12 minutes ago, jgab said:

Yes, but it doesn't cancel the timer - wait for 0.13 with a fix...

Ok, v0.14 with the real fix for clearTimeout.

• Topic Author
  • So, I'm a Mac person and only using ZeroBrane studio. In theory fibaroapiHC3.lua should work in Visual Studio on a PC (or Mac?). The problem is that some libraries needs to be available

Please login or register to see this code.

They are pretty standard in the Lua world and comes with Luasocket (-- LuaSocket helper module -- Author: Diego Nehab )

Would be interested to hear if someone with Visual Studio manage to make it work?

@jgab [L] Unhandled event:{"data":{"id":32,"roomId":237,"previousRoomId":219},"type":"DeviceChangedRoomEvent"} -- please report

• Topic Author
  • 6 minutes ago, petrkl12 said:

@jgab [L] Unhandled event:{"data":{"id":32,"roomId":237,"previousRoomId":219},"type":"DeviceChangedRoomEvent"} -- please report

Thanks, the HC3 reports all kind of events - the only question is what we do with them? How often do your code need to react to a device changing room? Well, it can be useful.

I'll add it. (it will be in next version - for now you can just ignore the log msg.)

Edited by jgab

• Topic Author
  • Just now, petrkl12 said:

OK, you have in your code "please report" - so I do it ?

Yes, I'm happy for all reports - keep them coming :-)

• Topic Author
  • Just now, petrkl12 said:

@jgab How to read variables from another QA device?

api.get("/devices/"..<deviceID>).properties.quickAppVariables[<variableName>]

• Topic Author
  • There are some simple support for scenes - I'm still not secure how I would like it to work.

if there is a CONDITIONS and a SCENE we assume the code is a scene. The above will call the SCENE function every time the condition is true. It can only handle devices at the moment, but I have code for cron...  I will change name from SCENE to ACTIONS in next version.

Edited by jgab

@jgab maybe bug  in getting QA variables

LanguageVD = QuickApp:getVariable("Language") returns nil everytime in fibaroapiHC3.lua

(return d.properties.quickAppVariables[name])

• Topic Author
  • On 2/16/2020 at 7:49 PM, petrkl12 said:

@jgab maybe bug  in getting QA variables

LanguageVD = QuickApp:getVariable("Language") returns nil everytime in fibaroapiHC3.lua

(return d.properties.quickAppVariables[name])

Be careful, api.get("/devices/"..deviceID).properties.quickAppVariables[name] access the quick variables of the device residing on the HC3.

To get the quick variables of the device in the "emulator" you use self:getVariable(<name>)

If you have given an deviceID as the first argument to

Ex. hc3_emulator.start{id=21,poll=2000}

then self:getVariable and self:setVariable will access the quick variables on the deviceID 21 on the HC3.

if not set it will access the ones in the "emulated" version you run offline...

...and you can only do QuickApp:getVariable("Language") in the "emulator"

so its best to wrap it in "if dofile then QuickApp:getVariable("Language") end"

Otherwise you need to use self:getVariable("Language") in the QuickApp. i.e  'self' not 'QuickApp' - self is the instance, QuickApp is the class..

Edited by jgab

I have

fibaro._start(32,1000)

still nil in both cases:

LanguageVD = QuickApp:getVariable("Language")
    LanguageVD = self:getVariable("Language")

from HC3 it returns {name = "Language", value = "cz"}

but this return d.properties.quickAppVariables[name] doesn't work

Edited by petrkl12

try something else, get values via their index

• Topic Author
  • On 2/16/2020 at 8:00 PM, petrkl12 said:

I have

hc3_emulator.start(32,1000)

still nil in both cases:

LanguageVD = QuickApp:getVariable("Language")
    LanguageVD = self:getVariable("Language")

and if you go the the HC3 and look at the quickvars of deviceID 32 is there a variable with name "Language" that has a value?

On 2/16/2020 at 8:04 PM, tinman said:

try something else, get values via their index

Yes, it's not a hashtable, its a list - not very efficient...? - I will patch fibaroapiHC3.lua

Edited by jgab

• Topic Author
  • 5 minutes ago, jgab said:

and if you go the the HC3 and look at the quickvars of deviceID 32 is there a variable with name "Language" that has a value?

Yes, it's not a hashtable, its a list - not very efficient...? - I will patch fibaroapiHC3.lua

Ok, v 0.16 with a fix for the getVariable is linked in the fibaroapiHC3 post.

Thanks @petrkl12 for using the code and finding bugs! 

• Topic Author
  • 13 minutes ago, jgab said:

Why on earth do they implement it as a list? It's not like you can have two variables with the same name, is it? .... yes it turns out that you can ? ??

And every time you change a single quick variable they post the whole list as an internal event (visible on /refreshState...) ?

Edited by jgab

• Topic Author
  • New version of fibaroapiHC3.lua (v 0.18)

Besides some bug fixes the new feature is to auto-create a QuickApp proxy on the HC3...

Ex.

If you run this it will create a proxy QuickApp on your HC3 with the name "Proxy My First QD" - it always add "Proxy " infront of the name you give it.

If the proxy already exists it will reuse the one that is installed.

If you callback functions have changed it will also recreate the device. (unfortunately I don't reuse the deviceID for now...)

When the buttons are pressed on the WebUI on the HC3 for the device, your "Clicked" methods will be called in the IDE. It takes a second but it's ok.

If someone calls tunrOn/turnOff the method will also be called in the IDE.

device type defaults to "com.fibaro.binarySwitch"

The difficulty when creating the proxy is to define the UI elements.

The UI table should look like

{

<row 1>

<row 2>

:

<row n>

}

Each row is either a list of 2-5 buttons or a single element.

Elements can be of type:

{button=<name>,text=<text>}

{slider=<name>,text=<text>,min=<min>,max=<max>}

{label=<name>,text=<text>}

Edited by jgab
    • Like 1

• Topic Author
  • Here is another hack.

This is a QuickApp called 'Library' that reads a json manifest from a directory on the web. I have a manifest that looks like

...and in the directory I have

'CrashNotifier_v1.lua' and 'ProfSched_v1.lua' etc.

The Library app will read the manifest and allow the user to browse the files and install them. It can handle both QuickApps and Scenes.

I mostly developed this for myself to quickly be able to download and install stuff I do.

The "interesting" feature is that the file formats for the files are "flat" - meaning that they can be downloaded and run in the offline IDE - no encoded json format.

A device file can look like:

So one declares the QuickApp properties like type and name, and quickVariables and the UI - buttons and sliders and labels. When downloaded by the Library app it will build a QuickApp according to the spec including the main code. Pretty useful.

I include the Library app here if you want to test it - it is configured to fetch apps from my GitHub repository - but can be pointed to another manifest file if you want to build your own library.

Disclaimer: I have only used it for a short time so there could be bugs...

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by jgab
    • Like 3

hehe very nice hack! Btw, one can as well define not yet implemented device types, by editing the .fqa file, e.g. Keyfob:

Currently available types for QA are defined her:

/api/quickApp/availableTypes

but of course all the generally supported could be used:

/api/devices/hierarchy

It is maybe important to know, that Fibaro is using internally so called Mockup Plugin, which does emulate every supported device,
    but it is not just device type Definition, but as well set of lua files for specific types (like e.g. keyfob), where others are just Sub definition.

That means, even if i created fqa with keyfob as device type, it does not completelly act as such, so i had to code some Events to emulate buttons by myself. 

This hack might be useful to have a specific kind of device to group it with others, it should not harm anything - i hope :) 

• jgab changed the title to SDK for remote and offline HC3 development.