Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC3 QuickApps coding - tips and tricks

jgab

• Topic Author
  • 7 hours ago, Rover said:

If I want to add devices to alarm zone in HC3: "no devices of this type" ???

I have only HC2 devices of type sensor.

Well, I made some tests and it seems like a two things need to fulfilled for a device to be included in an alarmzone

First it seems to need to have the interface "fibaroBreach".

Secondly, it seems to have to be a valid device type, like com.fibaro.motionSensor etc. Does anyone know the complete list? Ex. com.fibaro.binarySensor does not seem to work

I have made a new version of the HC2Proxy that allows you to add a list of interfaces to the device being created.

v1.4 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

You can also add "batter" and "power" and "energy".

On the HC2 if you trigger on %% property <id> battery the HC3 proxy should be updated.

4 minutes ago, jgab said:

Ex. com.fibaro.binarySensor does not seem to work

So I cannot use all my HC2 door/window sensors for alarm scene in HC3?

• Topic Author
  • 27 minutes ago, Rover said:

So I cannot use all my HC2 door/window sensors for alarm scene in HC3?

Yes, but you have to set the type to com.fibaro.doorSensor or com.fibaro.windowSensor (and add the interface "fibaroBreach")

23 minutes ago, jgab said:

Yes, but you have to set the type to com.fibaro.doorSensor or com.fibaro.windowSensor (and add the interface "fibaroBreach")

That's a relief ?

What do you mean with "add the interface "fibaroBreach" ". What do I have to do?

What type of device is a remote controller?

Hi Jan @jgab,

I don't know what am I doing wrong, but there is no power consumption shown:

[83] = {name='TV Switch', class="binarySwitch",     type="com.fibaro.FGWP102",interfaces={"fibaroBreach","power"}},
       [242] = {name='Switch',    class="binarySwitch",     type="com.fibaro.FGWP102",interfaces={"fibaroBreach","power"}},
        [75] = {name='Koelkast',  class="binarySwitch",     type="com.fibaro.FGWP102",interfaces={"fibaroBreach","power"}},
       [138] = {name='Vrieskast', class="binarySwitch",     type="com.fibaro.FGWP102",interfaces={"fibaroBreach","power"}},
        [79] = {name='Vaatwasser',class="binarySwitch",     type="com.fibaro.FGWP102",interfaces={"fibaroBreach","power"}},

• Topic Author
  • Just now, Rover said:

That's a relief ?

What do you mean with "add the interface "fibaroBreach" ". What do I have to do?

What type of device is a remote controller?

In the new HC2Proxy I attached there is the possibility to add interfaces in the table defining the devices that should be created.

If you look at a device structure (using the swagger UI or api.get("/devices/"..myDeviceId) you see that it has an 'interfaces' property that list certain properties a device can have. Ex. a device run on battery has the "battery" interface property. (that's what makes it show a battery icon in the UI for the device)

A remote controller I don't know if you can include it in a alarm zone... anyone else tried that?

2 minutes ago, Bodyart said:

Hi Jan @jgab,

I don't know what am I doing wrong, but there is no power consumption shown:

[83] = {name='TV Switch', class="binarySwitch",     type="com.fibaro.FGWP102",interfaces={"fibaroBreach","power"}},
       [242] = {name='Switch',    class="binarySwitch",     type="com.fibaro.FGWP102",interfaces={"fibaroBreach","power"}},
        [75] = {name='Koelkast',  class="binarySwitch",     type="com.fibaro.FGWP102",interfaces={"fibaroBreach","power"}},
       [138] = {name='Vrieskast', class="binarySwitch",     type="com.fibaro.FGWP102",interfaces={"fibaroBreach","power"}},
        [79] = {name='Vaatwasser',class="binarySwitch",     type="com.fibaro.FGWP102",interfaces={"fibaroBreach","power"}},

Have you included 

Please login or register to see this code.

etc. in the HC2 scene?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jgab said:

Have you included 

etc. in the HC2 scene?

Yes, but i'm still doing something wrong..

• Topic Author
  • 2 minutes ago, Bodyart said:

Yes, but i'm still doing something wrong..

So, you need both

83 value

83 power

if you want the value to reflect too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jgab said:

A remote controller I don't know if you can include it in a alarm zone... anyone else tried that?

No, there is no intention to include a HC2 remote controller in an alarm zone, only just make it usable in HC3.

[210] = {name='VoordeurSwitch', class="binarySensor", type="com.fibaro.binarySensor"},

does not work for a remote controller, so which class and type should I use?

• Topic Author
  • 19 minutes ago, Rover said:

No, there is no intention to include a HC2 remote controller in an alarm zone, only just make it usable in HC3.

[210] = {name='VoordeurSwitch', class="binarySensor", type="com.fibaro.binarySensor"},

does not work for a remote controller, so which class and type should I use?

How do you trigger it on the HC2 side.

CentralSceneEvent?

4 minutes ago, jgab said:

How do you trigger it on the HC2 side.

CentralSceneEvent?

%% properties
    210 sceneActivation

MySceneId = tonumber(fibaro:getValue(SwitchID, "sceneActivation"))

3 hours ago, jgab said:

I have adapted the class/type declaration:

[44] = {name='Voordeur', class="binarySensor", type="com.fibaro.doorSensor",interfaces={"fibaroBreach"}},

but in Edit Alarm Zone still: "no devices of this type".

• Topic Author
  • 5 minutes ago, Rover said:

I have adapted the class/type declaration:

[44] = {name='Voordeur', class="binarySensor", type="com.fibaro.doorSensor",interfaces={"fibaroBreach"}},

but in Edit Alarm Zone still: "no devices of this type".

Hmm, if you set the category "Security" in the general tab?

So, I only tested with com.fibaro.motionSensor and jumped to the conclusion it would work with window and door. I can't seem to get any clue from the system what device types they accept in the UI. Hmm, wonder it it's possible to add with api..?

20 minutes ago, jgab said:

Hmm, if you set the category "Security" in the general tab?

So, I only tested with com.fibaro.motionSensor and jumped to the conclusion it would work with window and door. I can't seem to get any clue from the system what device types they accept in the UI. Hmm, wonder it it's possible to add with api..?

category "Security" in the general tab??? Nothing to be seen about security in the general tab.

How to set Alarm Zones with an api?

Is the use of Alarm Zones in HC3 obliged, or can you live without?

3 hours ago, Rover said:

So, I only tested with com.fibaro.motionSensor

I changed

[24] = {name='BewegingHal', class="binarySensor", type="com.fibaro.binarySensor"},

into

[24] = {name='BewegingHal', class="binarySensor", type="com.fibaro.motionSensor"},

This is a Fibaro motionsensor,

but still in Edit Alarm Zone still: "no devices of this type".

So why is your motionsensor recognized in setting Alarm Zone and mine not?

Maybe I have to remove the child device first and then add it?

• Topic Author
  • 15 minutes ago, Rover said:

I changed

[24] = {name='BewegingHal', class="binarySensor", type="com.fibaro.binarySensor"},

into

[24] = {name='BewegingHal', class="binarySensor", type="com.fibaro.motionSensor"},

This is a Fibaro motionsensor,

but still in Edit Alarm Zone still: "no devices of this type".

So why is your motionsensor recognized in setting Alarm Zone and mine not?

Maybe I have to remove the child device first and then add it?

Yes, unfortunately you have to regenerate the children for them to get the right attributes 

for alarm zones, the device need to be at least com.fibaro.securitySensor (e.g. doorwindow, motion, satel zone, dsc zone, envisa zone are type of com.fibaro.securitySensor) type. The com.fibaro.securitySensor itself is based on com.fibaro.binarySensor, that's why com.fibaro.binarySensor can't be used in Alarm Zones.

4 minutes ago, tinman said:

for alarm zones, the device need to be at least com.fibaro.securitySensor (e.g. doorwindow, motion, satel zone, dsc zone, envisa zone are type of com.fibaro.securitySensor) type. The com.fibaro.securitySensor itself is based on com.fibaro.binarySensor, that's why com.fibaro.binarySensor can't be used in Alarm Zones.

So which type do I have to use for a Fibaro door/window sensor in order to be recognized for Alarm Zone: com.fibaro.doorSensor or com.fibaro.windowSensor or com.fibaro.securitySensor?

And for Fibaro motion sensor: com.fibaro.motionSensor or com.fibaro.securitySensor?

10 minutes ago, Rover said:

So which type do I have to use for a Fibaro door/window sensor in order to be recognized for Alarm Zone: com.fibaro.doorSensor or com.fibaro.windowSensor or com.fibaro.securitySensor?

And for Fibaro motion sensor: com.fibaro.motionSensor or com.fibaro.securitySensor?

each of them is ok :)  Bold are the easiest:

com.fibaro.securitySensor is generic, if you wish be more specific (and maybe use the additional property and actions) use more specific, like com.fibaro.doorSensor or com.fibaro.windowSensor (which are both member of com.fibaro.doorWindowSensor, which is member of com.fibaro.securitySensor). For Motion just com.fibaro.motionSensor (more hardware specific - not necessary however for QA is com.fibaro.FGMS001v2 which is member of com.fibaro.FGMS001 which is member of com.fibaro.motionSensor).

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

jgab

HC3 <=> HC2

HC3 <=> HC3

Is there any way to link two HC3 units?