Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC3 QuickApps coding - tips and tricks

jgab

• Topic Author
  • This is how to "disable" a QuickApp

Please login or register to see this code.

When we enable/disable a QuickApp it will restart (destroying all ev. timers)

When disabled we trap onAction and UIevents so the QA can not be called with fibaro.call or any buttons being pressed.

One exception here is that our UIHandler checks if we press the 'enable' button and in that case handle it - allowing users to enable the QA again.

The QA can also be enabled/disabled in the Web UI under Advanced -> Device disabled box....

Edited by jgab
    • Like 3
    • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • Here is "library file" to deal with UI elements.

The idea is that we create a lua table with all the id's of the UI elements, buttons, labels, sliders, and we can manipulate them directly by assigning the table keys with values. Like setting the "text" property of a button or "value" property of a slider.

I'm a big fan of abstractions that reduce the amount of code and/or makes it easier to code. If this hack reaches that goal I guess is a matter of taste. 

The code is also an example of classes on the HC3 and the 'property' values that can be assigned to classes and let us do thing like x.y = 55 that calls a function to assign x.y the value 55 so we can control how it's done. In our case when we assign myButton.text = "Foo" it will result in a call to self:updateView('myButton','text',"Foo").

Ex.

If we have a slider with ID 'mySlider' and a button with ID 'myButton' and have stored our UI elements in self.ui, we can do

We can also get the current value of a element

When setting string values we can give a table as value that serves as the arguments to string.format

and the assigned value will be formatted "Temperature is 10.88"

We also assign the UI callbacks in this table. (the advantage is that we don't pollute the QuickApp name space and expose the handlers as remote functions).

1. If the table is already setup we can declare them as

2. If we want to declare the callbacks before we have setup the table we can declare them in a temporary table

and when we setup the table we send the temporary table as an argument

self:setUpUIelements(UI,true) is the method to setup the table and should be called in QuickApp:onInit()

The second argument, 'true', will print out a template for setting up a temporary table with all the UI callbacks. This can then be copied from the log and into the code to set things up.

Here we assigned the table to self.ui but it can be stored anywhere, also in a global variable. Ex

So, an example of a QuickApp:onInit

Here is the "library" with 'setUpUIelements

Edited by jgab
    • Like 1
    • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, jgab said:

Here is "library file" to deal with UI elements.

The idea is that we create a lua table with all the id's of the UI elements, buttons, labels, sliders, and we can manipulate them directly by assigning the table keys with values. Like setting the "text" property of a button or "value" property of a slider.

I'm a big fan of abstractions that reduce the amount of code and/or makes it easier to code. If this hack reaches that goal I guess is a matter of taste. 

The code is also an example of classes on the HC3 and the 'property' values that can be assigned to classes and let us do thing like x.y = 55 that calls a function to assign x.y the value 55 so we can control how it's done. In our case when we assign myButton.text = "Foo" it will result in a call to self:updateView('myButton','text',"Foo").

Ex.

If we have a slider with ID 'mySlider' and a button with ID 'myButton' and have stored our UI elements in self.ui, we can do

We can also get the current value of a element

When setting string values we can give a table as value that serves as the arguments to string.format

and the assigned value will be formatted "Temperature is 10.88"

We also assign the UI callbacks in this table. (the advantage is that we don't pollute the QuickApp name space and expose the handlers as remote functions).

1. If the table is already setup we can declare them as

2. If we want to declare the callbacks before we have setup the table we can declare them in a temporary table

and when we setup the table we send the temporary table as an argument

self:setUpUIelements(UI,true) is the method to setup the table and should be called in QuickApp:onInit()

The second argument, 'true', will print out a template for setting up a temporary table with all the UI callbacks. This can then be copied from the log and into the code to set things up.

Here we assigned the table to self.ui but it can be stored anywhere, also in a global variable. Ex

So, an example of a QuickApp:onInit

Here is the "library" with 'setUpUIelements

Really helpfull.. Just a side question. If we can manipulate with UI elements behaviour, and even we can use some CSS styling commands either, why can't we apply any CSS to them?

Like we can use <b> html tag, but can't use button text color.

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, Neo Andersson said:

Really helpfull.. Just a side question. If we can manipulate with UI elements behaviour, and even we can use some CSS styling commands either, why can't we apply any CSS to them?

Like we can use <b> html tag, but can't use button text color.

I believe that they filter the strings. It's a similar thing with the log console - it accepts some tags but not others.

• Topic Author
  • If you live in the Apple ecosystem this is a way to get location data for your devices. If you have FamilyShare you can track the whole family.

A precondition is that you have a Mac of some sort that can run the "FindMy" app 24x7.

The FindMy app logs all data to a file in the system so that we can read and push it to the HC3.

Here is a script that does that and needs to be run in a Terminal window.

It's kind of nice as we don't have to poll the iCloud service ourselves (Apple is better at that) and we also get the new items, like AirTags, positions.

A simple receiving QA looks like below

(will make my iOSLocator QA have support for this)

The data is a lua table with the items/devices that have changed. The format of an item/device is

Here is the script:

Edited by jgab

Jan, sounds excellent

Edited by Sjakie

Jan, have patience its a kind of difficult for a ex Windows user.

Installed Brew

Installed LUA version 5.4.4.1

did>>> ln -s ~/Documents/LUA /opt/homebrew/bin/lua>>>>ln: /opt/homebrew/bin/lua: No such file or directory{removed space after Lua }  no error

Did it all(I hope) terminal window ended after past your file in Macbook with>>dquote

To give full disk acces I have a problem, LUA is't showing.

I can click + but I have no clue where to go???

Please advice

Edited by Sjakie
    edit

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, Sjakie said:

Jan, have patience its a kind of difficult for a ex Windows user.

Installed Brew

Installed LUA version 5.4.4.1

did>>> ln -s ~/Documents/LUA /opt/homebrew/bin/lua>>>>ln: /opt/homebrew/bin/lua: No such file or directory{removed space after Lua }  no error

Did it all(I hope) terminal window ended after past your file in Macbook with>>dquote

To give full disk acces I have a problem, LUA is't showing.

I can click + but I have no clue where to go???

Please advice

Sorry, the arguments should be switched for the ln  command 

then you end up with a file 'LUA' in the Documents folder.

That file you can open when giving full disk access.

Oh, it's not sure it's /opt/homebrew/bin/lua.

Run

to find out where the lua you have is installed.

Edited by jgab

Ok /opt/homebrew/bin/lua is the path. >>usr/local

How to add in Privacy full acces?

if I open Full permission, open lock, shift-cmd-g it open the folder with Folder/ file to click?

Please advice

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, Sjakie said:

Ok /opt/homebrew/bin/lua is the path. >>usr/local

How to add in Privacy full acces?

if I open Full permission, open lock, shift-cmd-g it open the folder with Folder/ file to click?

Please advice

Ok, so you managed to create a shortcut in your document folder named LUA

Open a terminal window and go to the Documents folder where the shortcut is and try

>LUA

just to see if it runs the "real" lua program

Then in the in "System Preferences" open "Security & Privacy"

Click tab "Security"

Unlock the lock in the lower left corner (entering password)

Scroll down to "Full disk access" in the left column and select it.

Click on the '+' under the rightmost column, in open dialog choose the Documents/LUA file.

"Lock" the lock again.

Edited by jgab

Jan, no I don't have it in Documents!

I can go to usr/local but I don't know which file to choose.

If I open LUA it show me a black screen with Exec in green letters or it show

LUA.h if opens

and a lot of text more

• Topic Author
  • If you did

where you "/opt/homebrew/bin/lua" replace with whatever path you get when you run "which lua"

you will have a file named LUA in your documents folder.

Jan, thanks I guess it's done finished your guidance an ddi't receive any error.

Will wait on your adapted QA?

How I can see if it's working.

Debug logTekst is empty orders it need some time?

• Topic Author
  • In the script you need to list the IDs of the devices you want notifications for (all devices with IDs are listed when the script starts up)

Then on the HC3 install 

and set the QAname in the script to the id or name of the QA you installed on the HC3.

When the script starts up it should send the positions of all the devices to the QA.

Sorry Jan one step back.

Created QA testLock with the exact text you posted.

Create whith script editor script file my data include, file named pushFmipcore.lua

Stored in Library/Script Editor

If execute lua pushFmipcore.lua  in terminal window >>>>can't find the file.

Please advice

• Topic Author
  • Ehh, Script Editor on the Mac is not a general purpose editor. It's used to create Apple scripts. Did you even manage to save as it checks the syntax and will most likely not accept Lua.

Please use something like TextEdit app. Make the format plain text and save as Unicode (UTF-8)

Save the script in your Documents folder somewhere. Ex Documents/luascripts/  (Library/Script Editor is probably only for apple scripts)

Then open a terminal window

Move to the directory where you saved the script . Ex

>cd ~/Documents/luascripts/

and try to run it

>lua  pushFmipcore.lua

Just now, jgab said:

Ehh, Script Editor on the Mac is not a general purpose editor. It's used to create Apple scripts. Did you even manage to save as it checks the syntax and will most likely not accept Lua.

Please use something like TextEdit app. Make the format plain text and save as Unicode (UTF-8)

Save the script in your Documents folder somewhere. Ex Documents/luascripts/  (Library/Script Editor is probably only for apple scripts)

Then open a terminal window

Move to the directory where you saved the script . Ex

>cd ~/Documents/luascripts/

and try to run it

>lua  pushFmipcore.lua

It can also be the time to install ZeroBrane, the lua development environment. It comes with an excellent editor for Lua files.

Jan, you are right!

Texteditor add .txt but does'show it.

Zerobrane installed and save  did the trick, chapeau!

Now I feel myself obliged to start also with ZB to test QA's>> will become a long way.

In terminal I get this, must I do something more because its a list:

• Topic Author
  • Have you installed luajson?

Which requires that you have installed HomeBrew and luarocks

Please login or register to see this link.

and then install luarocks

Unfortunately you can't run the script from within ZeroBrane as it seems to be complicated to give ZeroBrane the "full disk access" needed.

THat's why we need to run in a terminal window. You wouldn't want to run/occupy this script 24x7 with ZeroBrane anyway

Jan from the previous list is only the Jason gone all others are still there.

homebrew >>was already installed

luarocks also

new was >>>luarock install luajson>>>>done

lua 5.4.4.1 all ready installed

I don't know what to do more

• Topic Author
  • In the documentation in the header of the script it also says