Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Hello from Sweden

PeterCa

Just unboxed my HC3.

Looks great but unfortunately i don't have any devices other than my IP cameras. Any tip on what devices to start with?

Also interested in the possibility to use HC3 as an alarm system. 

Can HC3 interact with IP cameras more than just showing the feed, like motion detect, recording or what not?

Any Swedish users here? Would be great to get some tip on third party services compatible with HC3 in Sweden.

Greetings

/Peter 

Hello . Hej . hc3 kan du nog inte lagra kamera feed  precis kan nog bara visa  som vilken monitor som helst.. hade jag varit dig så får du ju  fundera lite vad vill du kunna göra  med din hc3  efter som jag förstått så är inte hc3 full utvecklad än så jag hade nog kört på zawave och fibaro saker nu i början eller  z wave grejer...  räkna med att det kan ta tid innan din hc3 funkar ordentligt.. jag kör själv hc2 just nu i väntan på att hc3 ska fungera i alla fall betydligt mer än det verkar idag och att det blir någon hyfsad imigration till hc3... finns en svensk sida med zwave forum sök på google

Lycka till 

12 hours ago, PeterCa said:

Just unboxed my HC3.

Looks great but unfortunately i don't have any devices other than my IP cameras. Any tip on what devices to start with?

Also interested in the possibility to use HC3 as an alarm system. 

Can HC3 interact with IP cameras more than just showing the feed, like motion detect, recording or what not?

Any Swedish users here? Would be great to get some tip on third party services compatible with HC3 in Sweden.

Greetings

/Peter 

Welcome! I'm a Swede, too!

If you're interested in setting it up as a security system, you should also look into getting door- and window sensors - it is a good start. Then you would probably like, as the interest grows, start with lights and switches etc.

Cheers,

• Topic Author
  • 19 minutes ago, robw said:

Welcome! I'm a Swede, too!

If you're interested in setting it up as a security system, you should also look into getting door- and window sensors - it is a good start. Then you would probably like, as the interest grows, start with lights and switches etc.

Cheers,

I bought the HC3 with a 60 days "try and return". I read many comments like "HC3 isn't working yet, stick to HC2". Should i keep my HC3?

Also i have decided to use a separate alarm system but i want to be able to arm and disarm from HC3.

I used to have a solution from Webehome with some smart home functions in addition to the alarm functions. They say i can use IFTTT to connect HC3 with their system. Also notised a guy here that has made an HC2 plugin for DSC. I will contact him to see if this will work also for HC3.

Is it okay if i contact some of you from Sweden in private messages in Swedish if i have some difficulties explaining my issues in English?

1 hour ago, PeterCa said:

I bought the HC3 with a 60 days "try and return". I read many comments like "HC3 isn't working yet, stick to HC2". Should i keep my HC3?

Also i have decided to use a separate alarm system but i want to be able to arm and disarm from HC3.

I used to have a solution from Webehome with some smart home functions in addition to the alarm functions. They say i can use IFTTT to connect HC3 with their system. Also notised a guy here that has made an HC2 plugin for DSC. I will contact him to see if this will work also for HC3.

Is it okay if i contact some of you from Sweden in private messages in Swedish if i have some difficulties explaining my issues in English?

I am still on the HC2 (had it for 3 years approx) and will wait with HC3 until it's a stable commercial product.

On the topic of alarm systems however: 

I am also using a separate home alarm, from Verisure, as I want to a have professional grade system as well as the guard response if needed.

You can integrate Verisure with HC2 to some extent. Verisure has an API which you can call to get alarm status, temperatures etc. But it does not allow you to perform actions on the system, such as arming/disarming. The API can't be called too often however or it will deny the request (every other minute or so seems to be ok), so triggering things in the HC2 in real time based on actions in the Verisure is not really possible.

Here is a discussion (in Swedish) regarding integratoin with Verisure. It takes some programming...

Please login or register to see this link.