Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Dimmer 2 with double switch

RHAS

Question

Hi,

I have a single switch with a fibaro dimmer 2 that controls two lamps. I would like to change this such that I can control both lamps seperatly.

My plan is to change to single switch to a double switch (and connect them as described in the manual). I intent to add a second Fibaro Dimmer 2 in the second lamp.

My plan is to configure the system such that one of the switches (s1) in the double switch controls the dimmer 2 that is connected to it (and switches / dims the lamp connected to it), and that the second switch (s2) is just read by the fibaro. This signal is sent to the 2nd fibaro to switch / dim the 2nd lamp.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for your help.

René

1 answer to this question

Why you need to use double switch? I f you gonna have two dimmers, just connect the dimmers to the lamps without going through switch.

Or I missing something.

Could be a good idea to post wiring schematic. You can draw schema and post the snapshot, no fancy graphic tools required.

Edited by cag014