Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Hue & Sonos Plugins on HC3

OrganicWaste

Hi,

I can't seem to add my Hue set (incl. bridge) and Sonos sytem to the HC3. I installed the available plugins, but I can't connect with the devices.

Hue

- I tried searching on IP of the bridge (which can be found in the Hue app) --> no results

- press 'create user' to find the bridge --> no results

Sonos

- Tried searching for the system with music/radio on/off --> no results

- Tried searching on IP of the Sonos system

Eventually I want to create some scenes with TTS integrated (e.g. barking dogs for security), but I guess first I need to connect it to Fibaro. 

Any suggestions? Or is this related to the ongoing development of the HC3 and it's just not ready 'yet'?

K.r.

Niels

20 minutes ago, OrganicWaste said:

Hi,

I can't seem to add my Hue set (incl. bridge) and Sonos sytem to the HC3. I installed the available plugins, but I can't connect with the devices.

Hi,

I've added both my Hue bridge and a Sonos speaker, and it went well. Have you set the devices IP addresses manually under the Advanced Settings? Check that all devices are on the same network, too.

Edited by robw

• Topic Author
  • I did add the IP addresses manually, but when I press search nothing comes up. I can't imagine it's the wrong IP address. Are there any settings that you changed in the Hue app or Sonos app?

no, just type in the IP and save, do not click on search (because search is searching for "known" - but older - Speakers, which is not what you have to do with latest Sonos Speakers)

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_02/image.png.60fa55a36ae38996b2a957d0fc83a6ea.png" />

8 minutes ago, OrganicWaste said:

I did add the IP addresses manually, but when I press search nothing comes up. I can't imagine it's the wrong IP address. Are there any settings that you changed in the Hue app or Sonos app?

No, I just followed the instructions. For instance, for the Hue, set IP, Create user (press button on Hue bridge and within 30 sec. press the Create User button in the HC3 UI).

But check that you are on the same network with all devices. It sounds strange that you can't see them. 

• Topic Author
  • I'm such a noob. . . Thanks Tinman.

After I entered the IP adress I pressed search, not save. I thought it would search for Hue / Sonos at that IP address, after which I could select it.

Anyway it worked! It's my first few days with a home automation system so still a lot to learn.

Thanks

The Sonos plugin works somewhat on the web interface, it is not displayed on the Fibaro Home Center App 1.60, on any of my 6 Sonos speakers

Hopefully we'll see the rumoured update today, and that it contains many fixes.

• Topic Author
  • I would like to build scenes with Sonos included. For example:

- Barking dog (or machine guns) if the alarm is triggered

- Start music when opening the blinds (e.g. in the mornings during the weekend)

- Notification when someone arrives home

Do you guys have any idea if this is possible right now? And how it can be done?

• Topic Author
  • Adding the IP adres and saving does not work? You don't have much functionality. When I pressed play it started playing one of my playlists (probably most recent one). 

I have my Sonos attached via cable, but it shouldn't matter.

19 hours ago, Patricier said:

Please login or register to see this code.

Make sure you have enabled WiFi on the HC3. In the Sonos plugin, don't use Search for network devices, just manually enter the IP and save.

I see that everyone forget to mention that network devices that should communicate with HC3 or HC2 should be set to static IP address or at least their MAC address should be bind to IP address on router or other network managing device that is running DHCP server. In most cases DHCP server always lease same IP address to certain devices, but if device is turned off or rebooted then it is possible that will get different IP address and then communication between HC and that devices will brake. This is because HC plugins and VD's are not searching for devices, but depend on static IP address. On the other hand most of the devices mobile apps do query network to find them so mobile apps always work even if device change IP address on local network.

• 9 months later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    On 11/30/2020 at 9:59 PM, MauritsG said:

Is it possible to play a custom sound over the sonos speakers when the alarm is triggered?

Yeah, i would like that to, but i think we have to install another sonos plugin for that...